Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

There's no way to sequence external program changes in the arranger, right?

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

Just double-checking here that program changes are associated 1 PGM -> 1 Channel per song and there's no way to sequence program changes in one song.

Comments

Okay, there is a way to do this: just create a new clip from the original midi clip and change is pgm value. The best way I've found to sync this to change patterns on my Elektron device (since the Deluge waits for the completion of a clip to send the change signal, then the Digitone waits until the end of the next clip to change the program and you get two iterations) is to create a 1-step clip for each PGM value, that way the pattern on the Digitone changes on the next iteration.

sfofoxsfofox Barcelona, SpainPosts: 2

@manateemilitia said:
    Okay, there is a way to do this: just create a new clip from the original midi clip and change is pgm value. The best way I've found to sync this to change patterns on my Elektron device (since the Deluge waits for the completion of a clip to send the change signal, then the Digitone waits until the end of the next clip to change the program and you get two iterations) is to create a 1-step clip for each PGM value, that way the pattern on the Digitone changes on the next iteration.

Does this mean that you can only get the elektron to trigger on time in song arranger view? Otherwise you’d need to launch the clip before it’s supposed to kick in right?

Yep, unfortunately. You can launch the PGM message immediately doing a shift press of the clip though.