Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tempo track

drbourbondrbourbon ItalyBeta Tester Posts: 55

I'd love to have the possibility to set tempo variations in the arranger view.

A dedicated "tempo track" would do the job. A colored/active region in this kind of track would be a BPM variation with respect to the main BPM, and would allow setting 3 values: the target BPM, the smoothing start time and the smoothing end time (for controlled rallentando and accelerando respectively).

Apart from expanding the type of music doable with the Deluge, this could lead to that kind of smart and crazy features that Rohan and Ian often bring to us. For example, global (and possibly continuous) time stretching/shrinking would make audio clips stretch/shrink or depending on the sample mode..

What do you think?

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Sounds like a great feature.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

drbourbondrbourbon ItalyBeta Tester Posts: 55

As a proof of concept here's an experiment with Deluge set as clock slave and Nano Studio 2 acting as master.

Nano Studio 2 provides a cool Tempo and signature track feature to automate global midi clock. A region in the tempo track defines a tempo change, that can be of two types: a fixed bpm or a ramp from a given bpm value to the next region bpm (marked with R).

The Deluge behave very smoothly when ramping time, even with sample stretching/shrinking. Here's a couple of videos I just made with my phone for testing the two sample indexing modes (linked and independent):