Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Trim start of audio track without timestretch?

miaouxmiaouxmiaouxmiaoux ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 68

Hi guys,

Anyone know how to trim the start of an audio track without it timestretching? I recorded some vocals with a wee bit of silence at the beginning, that I want to trim, as it's getting in the way of another vocal I want to record on the same track prior.

I can trim the end of the audio clip by pressing on the grid and getting the flashing red marker (separate from white 'waveform view' as specified in the manual), but is there a corresponding green marker for the start? Thanks!

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited April 2020

@miaouxmiaoux said:
    Hi guys,

Anyone know how to trim the start of an audio track without it timestretching? I recorded some vocals with a wee bit of silence at the beginning, that I want to trim, as it's getting in the way of another vocal I want to record on the same track prior.

I can trim the end of the audio clip by pressing on the grid and getting the flashing red marker (separate from white 'waveform view' as specified in the manual), but is there a corresponding green marker for the start? Thanks!

There's not a corresponding green marker as you say.
    But how did you get unwanted silence at the beginning of the recording? I presume you didn't record it as a loop audio clip, but sampled it into a kit? In any case, you need to trim it in a kit using its waveform view (not the audio clip's waveform view), and then resample it if you want to use it an audio clip instead

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ