Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Wav files in my Samples Folder are "unsupported"

ooijjooijj BerlinPosts: 21

Hi there,

I have copied a bunch of .wav files into my Samples folder but when I attempt to load any into either a new Synth or Kit, the display shows "unsupported" and the files do not preview or load.

Other .wav samples in the folder are audible with preview and can load.

I've checked/played the unsupported files on my laptop and they are not corrupted - I can play them. So is there something I'm missing? Are there limitations to the sample rate or bit depth?

Comments

So after uncovering this discussion I resampled the files from 48khz to 44.1khz and they are loading/previewing now.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

if u attach the unsupported files as a zip, i am interested to have a look. generally 48khz should not be a problem, i suspect there is something odd with your wavs and the Deluge has not all the error tolerance of common desktop audio players. so far i found 2 oddities with corrupt meta data (mp3, bits) the Deluge does not handle https://github.com/amiga909/deluge-synthstrom-utils/blob/master/samplefixer.sh

Hey @amiga909 , thanks for the reply. Here are the files

Since converting them I can preview and use the files on the Deluge, but they seem to be giving it some trouble when I use them in songs. I was working on a song that started freezing at a particular point and totally jammed the machine. I had to power off, and when I reloaded the song and played it again, it froze again. So maybe my conversion method wasn't so robust? I also think the Deluge isn't good at handling and processing long audio files. I often use long atmos files in my work, and have found that applying too many effects (reversing, modulating, filtering) on the Deluge can overload it.

Does the script you link to above clean up metadata. Do I just run it in the folder where the sound files are?

@ooijj said:
    Hey @amiga909 , thanks for the reply. Here are the files

Thanks. I tried to MULTI load the folder in a kit preset. I can confirm it aborts with UNSUPPORTED, I removed the .jpg file but still did not work.
    I had a look if some meta data look odd:
    `File: Hainbach - Isolation Loops (soundpack)/Hainbach - Isolation Loops (soundpack) - 22 Ciat-Lonbarde Cuts.wav
    File type ID: WAVE

Num Tracks: 1

Data format: 2 ch, 48000 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x0000000C) 24-bit little-endian signed integer
    Channel layout: Stereo (L R)
    estimated duration: 15.333042 sec
    audio bytes: 4415916
    audio packets: 735986
    bit rate: 2304000 bits per second
    packet size upper bound: 6
    maximum packet size: 6
    audio data file offset: 80
    optimized
    source bit depth: I24`

At first glance it should not be a problem. I will keep an eye on it.

Since converting them I can preview and use the files on the Deluge, but they seem to be giving it some trouble when I use them in songs. I was working on a song that started freezing at a particular point and totally jammed the machine. I had to power off, and when I reloaded the song and played it again, it froze again. So maybe my conversion method wasn't so robust? I also think the Deluge isn't good at handling and processing long audio files. I often use long atmos files in my work, and have found that applying too many effects (reversing, modulating, filtering) on the Deluge can overload it.

Does the script you link to above clean up metadata. Do I just run it in the folder where the sound files are?

You need a Mac and some experience with the terminal. Linux should work too.

• Make a backup of the SD card
    • Get the script from https://github.com/amiga909/deluge-synthstrom-utils/blob/master/samplefixer.sh, I have just fixed something, please get the newest version and check the docs
    • There are 2 commands clean and convert: clean command gets rid of all non audio files, including files that appear to be a WAV. convert command resaves files with fishy meta data and files with low bit/sample rates to 16bit/44khz.

Looks like it's Mac only. On Ubuntu 16.04 I get Error: afinfo is not installed.
    Some googling reveals that afinfo is a mac-only library.
    Will give it a try on a macbook later...

@ooijj said:

Looks like it's Mac only. On Ubuntu 16.04 I get Error: afinfo is not installed.
    Some googling reveals that afinfo is a mac-only library.
    Will give it a try on a macbook later...

thanks for the info!