Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Save and Load Clips

It would be really nice to be able to save individual clips that contain a kit or a synth. At the moment you can save a song/arrangement and you can save a synth or kit, but I don't think you can save just a clip alongside its synth or kit settings. I'm a bit of a lazy person, and a full song is often a bit overfacing for me; so my workflow runs along the lines of creating lots of small clips and then later stitching them together to make an arrangement - at the moment it would be difficult to use the Deluge in this fashion - unless I'm missing something. The way I think it could work would be to have a seperate folder for clips, and it would be great if you could preview them before loading in the same way that you can preview samples. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement (but I suppose it's not hugely different than loading a full song), and I'm not sure if it is something anyone else would like, but it would certainly aid my lazy creativity. And just to add, that this is my first post. If someone else has put this forward then please forgive me. i did look through the forum and couldn't find another post like this, but I might have missed something. I did see a post about naming clips, and I suppose if you're saving them then you'd also want to name them, and I did comment on that thread before I was approved for making my own discussions.

Comments

Yup, this would be really useful and it would finally allow us to copy clips between projects. The lack of this ability is a PITA for me because the good stuff is scattered between many projects.

NorisNoris AustriaPosts: 38

That would be dope, I finally could merge my songs (for live performance)!