Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Some clean up

EZ363EZ363 FranceBeta Tester Posts: 10

Is there or is it possible to obtain a file with downrush designating all the samples used in the different songs created?
In fact, to save space on my SD card or simply to clean up, I would like to be able to quickly remove unused samples if necessary.
Thank you for your answer.

Comments

TactileAFTactileAF Perth, Western AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 22

As a manual workaround, you can search in the song XML file for 'wav' and see what samples are used/locations.

Oh good Idea, thanks for this tip.

Is there any program to do this things ?
    In all my SD card, not only samples files.
    Thanks,

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited March 2020

you can also use the Collect-Media function.
    its what i did now a few times when I hit SD card size limits.

• collect-media for all songs i want to keep (SONGS folder then contains all samples i still use)
    • create backup of SD card
    • factory reset SAMPLES folder. Download from Synthstrom or just manually delete, i think you need to keep some folders like RESAMPLE, I also keep the DRUMS and ARTIST folder so all factory presets still work.
    • copy SONGS folder to SD card
    • rebuild sample library. i evaluate manually which samples i still want ( i use a treesize tool to find large samples i dont need anymore). usually i try to keep those samples that got used in my songs (proved "worthy").
    • caveat 1:: upon song save Deluge will save the samples to the original file path, which might result in some mess. I used some scripts to move some folders but it is not a big deal imho.
    • caveat 2: the presets i have under SYNTH and KIT might not work anymore. for me it works to keep them and go thru them manually to check if they still load fine. again, i go with the strategy, if a preset is not used in any song, it is a delete candidate.

there is a Ruby script to delete unused recordings (RESAMPLE folder tends to get big) but i havent used it anymore since i switched to a Collect-Media workflow. Collect-Media workflow has the advantage i also cleanup the SONGS folder (trash bad stuff, remove old versions)

Post edited by amiga909 on