Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Option to auto-stop recording after end of bar

So there are multiple ways of recording now. I'm not really using audio recording, so I'm mainly talking about midi, but I guess the same applies to some extend to audio recording.

You can record while automatically expanding the length of the bar and you can record in the "old" way: with a pre-set bar lenght.

For the pre-set bar lenght, the Deluge keeps recording though, even when the bar has ended and it starts to loop. What happens is that it records any new notes or midi data over the already recorded notes/midi data at the start of the bar.

This is fine for some purposes, but I think in most cases, you would like the recording to stop exactly at the end of the bar. This makes the workflow of recording on the fly (maybe even during a live performance) a lot easier, without having to manually shorten the bar length (when using auto-extend mode) or erase any notes at the start after recording.

So my suggestion would be:

Make an option (maybe on/off in the settings, or some sort of shortcut to activate this) to record until the end of the bar - after that the record button should automatically turn off.

Ideally, the recording should stay armed until it detects any incoming notes/midi data and then end at the end of the bar. This way you are still able to wait for the bar to re-loop before actually playing the notes.

Comments

WingatuiWingatui AustraliaPosts: 8

__Make an option (maybe on/off in the settings, or some sort of shortcut to activate this) to record until the end of the bar - after that the record button should automatically turn off._
    _

Hey, I am pretty sure that when it loops back around, so long as you stop turning knobs and tapping buttons, it does stop any further recording but the record button stays alight in case you do decide to add more modulation or sample hits or whatever?

For example, I entered a fast 16th hi hat pattern. Then hit record and modulated the volume knob throughout the clip. I stopped touching the volume knob at the end of the set sequence length (8 bars in this instance) and when it loops back around, it now continues to play the pattern with the recorded volume modulation, doesn't record anymore AND the record button is still lit waiting for new modulation or to be turned off manually. I'm still learning so I might be wrong but this is what it seems like is happening... :)

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

Yes but sometimes you want notes/automation until the end of the bar and then it might “overlap” to the beginning of the bar, recording it there as well.