Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Weird behavior with saving and loading songs FW 3.02

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326
edited January 2020 in Deluge Help

Normally i still save my songs with the sequential number. This means I have to scroll till the first free number an hit the save button. With the new Firmware 3.02 I skipped the scrolling part and used the new keyboard, to type in the number. First I deleted all characters with backspace, typed the number 157 and saved it.

Then I tried to load this song. So I pressed the load button and scrolled to 156 and expected that 157 will be the next one. But it wasn't. The next one was 996, because I am saving some temporary parts "at the end" of the number scale. Long story short: I found 157 after 999 and before 001. So, not there where you would expect it should be.

As well weird is, that if you press "load song", then you use the keyboard and type in the number e.g. 150, but you want to load 151. You could press backspace and type in 0 to recieve 150. Or you could try to use the scroll knob and try to get 151. But if you use the scroll knob it gets unexpected totally crazy.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on

Comments

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

The new naming system seems to store files as either numbers or names. You've just named a file "157", so it's in the first slot of the named files, which is between 0 and 999.

If you look at the filenames on the SD card, it saves song #157 as "SONG157.XML" and song "157" as "157.XML".

If you try to work around this by typing in "SONG157.XML" it seems to save a file called "Song157.XML", which isn't the same, so I think it's not going to let you fool it, either.

In short: looks like named songs entered on the keyboard and numbered songs entered with the dial are meant to be kept separate.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

You are right. Scrolled "numbers" are stored SONG000.XML , while "typed" numbers are stored 000.XML... I would love if the next firmware would change to a more consequent display of the names and not ommiting parts of the filename like "What you see is, what is on the SD Card" WYSIWIOTSC ;)

Anyway i would love if the next firmware (3.5?) release would complete and clean up a lot unfinished features, that are requested here in the forum.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin