Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

"Create new group from currently playing" shortcut in Song mode

miaouxmiaouxmiaouxmiaoux ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 68

I think it would be great to have a shortcut that copies all of the clips currently playing in Song mode, to the bottom maybe, and assigns a new group to them. Often I'll have combinations of clips that I like together, that belong in different groups, and have to take a note of it in arranger mode, or go through the process of copying each one and manually assigning a group. This would make creating arrangements very quick IMO!

Comments

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Fun idea, maybe something like hold down a pad like you're making a new clip and press load?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited November 2019

@miaouxmiaoux said:
    IOften I'll have combinations of clips that I like together, that belong in different groups, and have to take a note of it in arranger mode, or go through the process of copying each one and manually assigning a group. This would make creating arrangements very quick IMO!

what do you mean by take a note of it in arranger?

what i do is using Record+Song to make “sections” in Arranger. i dont use sections in Song mode anymore.
    in Arranger you can switch to Song mode to emulate section behavior. duplicating sections in Song mode has the big disadvantage for me i end up with way too many duplicate clips. clutters up the screen and cloned clips can be pain to handle.
    duplicate clips: for example one clip is the 4/4 kick that should play in 10 sections. with sections in Song mode i have to clone the same clip 10 times.

surely my workflow doesnt apply to everybody. i find it hard to organize 20+ non-duplicate clips. thus i try to avoid having even more by cloning unwanted duplicates.

Post edited by amiga909 on