Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Alphanumeric keyboard: file naming rules?

andershandersh United StatesPosts: 10

I wanted to organize my songs, giving each one a prefix that would tell me what genre the song was in, before showing the rest of the song title, e.g. "HOUS SongName." I did this via Windows by renaming each XML file directly.

However, upon trying to load these files on the Deluge itself, I am getting inconsistent results. Sometimes the Deluge LCD will show the first few characters, sometimes the last few. This is making navigating the files pretty difficult.

What are the full rules for naming files? Can they be placed in subfolders? Are spaces OK?

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

“Sometimes the Deluge LCD will show the first few characters, sometimes the last few. ”
    do you use the keyboard when loading songs?
    manual:
    As you start typing, the rest of the filename is automatically "predicted" if a matching file exists - just like when typing a web URL. Use the ◄► knob to move left and right.

other than that, it should sort fine if u havent any special, non alphanumeric chars in the file names.