Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arpeggiator additions

2»

Comments

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

Arp patterns all the way!

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93
    edited June 2019

I think a good unit to take influence from is the Oberheim Cyclone - a very powerful midi arp unit that has all the features you could ever want in an arpeggiator!

With the Deluge interface it could be made to be very editable!

Regarding your post iFreilicht I think you may be overcomplicating the process - it could just be the same as a normal view when making a riff.

Not to forget, arpeggiators aren't just for plodding synths, they are really useful for FX tones, and also drums!

Post edited by Myrk on
    vygervyger Portland, OR USAPosts: 13

I love this idea of extending the arp. I'm sure it goes without saying but any of these additions should apply to MIDI tracks as well!

JRatronJRatron United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

yeah, +1. More ARP options would be brilliant :)

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

It would be great to have a Turing-style randomizer, ie something that generates repeated random loops and can be 'locked' to a particular loop when it comes up with something you like. Similar to what @Stromer mentions above.

I really like the way you can use a sequence like an arp on the Sub 37 and Mother-32, the 'main' keyboard controls the root note of the sequence.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

In the interim I'll have to plug my old Novation X-Station in and record the arp MIDI! The best arp I've used, and the keyboard is lush :)

BrawnyBrawny UKBeta Tester Posts: 18

+1 to Any arp improvements. The only thing I feel was 'missed' was chord mode (like I have on my Virus B). Programmable arp patterns would also be particularly lovely.

FeralFFeralF United KingdomPosts: 1

+1 Extended/advanced arp options would definitely be a much appreciated addition!

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

i don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but rhythmic arps that can be routed to different parameters-- like cutoff freq. or velocity would be very handy. If you want to get really "crazy"-- it would be great if we could use a number of different arps on different parameters simultaneously.

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

@vyger said:
    I love this idea of extending the arp. I'm sure it goes without saying but any of these additions should apply to MIDI tracks as well!

Of course. Internal only would be a punch in the face for Midi users :persevere:

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

The new Novation Launchkey Mini has some great arp features on it. Check em out for inspiration, or even integration... Simple yet effective variables too so easy to implement in firmware?

SlivizSliviz LondonPosts: 45

+1 this. I would like to be able amend arps abit more as I love using them but currently have to go elsewhere to get usable ones

KokaKoka NorwayPosts: 12

Would be great if arpeggiation modes could be cc-mappable and also random generator or lfo could be used to change them.