Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

External MIDI device to fade in/out individual clips?

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

I would like to achieve nice fade in/fade out transitions between different clips for live usage. Is there a way to assign the audio level of an individual clip to an external MIDI knob? I managed to assign the synths master volume to the external device but it's not the same thing and just a workaround.

Brass side of life: JTK

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

A synth's master volume IS the audio level of that clip. A kit clip needs to have all its volumes learned to one CC to control the volume of the whole kit.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

Yes, thank for you answer. I get along that way. A nicer solution would be general mixer functionality.
    It's hard to stay organized when assigning synths to a limited number of knobs. In other songs I use other synths. I easily end up having multiple synths assigned to one knob. These are all faded at the same time when I use more than one of them in a song. I will create an n (synth/knob combo) to m (song) matrix to keep overview. Staying organized is one of the challenges of a deluge owner :smile:

It would be nice to have a kind of a mixer functionality for clips in song view.

Brass side of life: JTK