Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB MIDI Foot Controller

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited June 2019 in News

We've got a USB MIDI Foot Controller on the way for those who are interested in going hands-free with the upcoming 3.0 firmware update. Find out details here.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I am totally excited.

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

So can any midi foot controller be connected to the deluge once updated to 3 firmware, through the midi in port or the usb port if it is a usb midi controller like the one synthstrom are selling.
    can't wait

six_waxsix_wax Posts: 38

What would the workflow of this be for e.g. the looping functionality?

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    We've got a USB MIDI Foot Controller on the way for those who are interested in going hands-free with the upcoming 3.0 firmware update. Find out details here.

What would the workflow of this be for e.g. the looping functionality?

We'll have some video showing soon. Rohan has been busy designing a UI for effective hands free looping.

LukreeLukree Posts: 11

Would Source Audio pedal work for the same results?
    https://www.sourceaudio.net/soleman-midi-foot-controller.html

Would perhaps prefer a pedal which I could set up for other midi duties as well.

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61

@Lukree said:
    Would Source Audio pedal work for the same results?
    https://www.sourceaudio.net/soleman-midi-foot-controller.html

Would perhaps prefer a pedal which I could set up for other midi duties as well.

Probably, but it appears to cost 5x what the Deluge one does. If you are keen you could even make one using an Arduino board although I suspect the Deluge one isn't going to be much more once you've bought the components.

LukreeLukree Posts: 11

Probably, but it appears to cost 5x what the Deluge one does. If you are keen you could even make one using an Arduino board although I suspect the Deluge one isn't going to be much more once you've bought the components.

Yep, figured that out - but perhaps I could pay a bit more to use the same device with any midi devices in the future (you can send macros aka multiple midi messages at once with the Source Audio pedal for example).

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61
    edited September 2019

Thing is, the Deluge one will do exactly what's needed for use with the Deluge. I'd buy that and an Arduino if you want more extended capabilities.
    Also: Take a look at this . Both units for less than the Source Audio pedal and the Bome provides a heap of extra stuff - like wifi MIDI.

Post edited by pbolger on
    jam83jam83 UKPosts: 1

Will the foot controller be using soft switches? This would be ideal for those wanting to loop with acoustic instruments using micrphones and avoid the sound of the pedal being recorded.

udelugeudeluge germanyPosts: 61

you can replace the switches with these:
    https://www.lehle-components.com/DE/lehle-switch-btn.html

Does anybody know what midi data the footswitch sends? I like to build one myself.

facebook is evil

DekalboyDekalboy FranceBeta Tester Posts: 35

Yes please !

@jam83 said:
    Will the foot controller be using soft switches? This would be ideal for those wanting to loop with acoustic instruments using micrphones and avoid the sound of the pedal being recorded.

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

@Ian_Jorgensen said:

Hi Ian, is there a list of other compatible footswitches anywhere? i'm on the wait-list for the official one but got excited with the 3.0 release and bought a Line 6 FBV MKii but having battled with configuring it i don't think it's compatible (even though the Deluge recognises it on connection).

Cheers,

Luke

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80
    edited October 2019

Hi there, good folks at Synthstrom. Is there an ETA on the footswitches? I'm getting an itchy trigger finger...or toe to be more accurate.

Post edited by NRuck on
    MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

Would it work to use a midi footpedal through a midi hub like mio4, connected by usb to the Deluge?
    Or do you have to connect it directly to the midi port of the Deluge?

benattarbenattar Seattle, WA USAPosts: 3

What’s the release date for these switches?

I wonder if these are still in the works?
    Has anybody gotten any MIDI footswitch to work correctly looping with the Deluge?

I’ve been in contact with the manufacturers that Synthstrom are sourcing the pedals from and they are definitely coming. I’d rather buy the switch through Synthstrom as they deserve our support but it seems crazy to me to ship them from Europe to NZ to then have one shipped to me in the UK, from an ecological standpoint if nothing else. I have asked Synthstrom for an ETA both here and on the fb closed group but no response. I’m sure they have their reasons for holding out but admit to some frustration. The looping functionality is not much use to me as a guitarist without the foot switch

SpacebatSpacebat United KingdomPosts: 2

Is there any news on when these might be available to buy yet? I added myself to the wait list via the link a couple of weeks ago but did not receive an email or notification confirming I was definitely on the wait list- not sure if that is anything to worry about or not?
    Really looking forward to being able to use a foot switch for live looping. As a guitarist I see enormous potential for my Deluge to become a central hub in writing ambient guitar-based material, and the potential to then go out and perform it live is really exciting me. Please, please, please can we have some news on the ETA for this footpedal soon? :-D

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

I received my footswitch from Synthstrom a few weeks ago, having been on the wait list for months. It works very well and is super easy to set up. Can't say anything about wider availability, but it does work well when you get it!

I added my name to that wait list in the first days it was posted, many months ago. I haven’t heard anything yet, no email or anything. Well, it will come sometime. I’ve sent my Deluge off for a top panel replacement so I couldn’t loop now even if I had the footswitch.

SolejkushaoSolejkushao MarseilleBeta Tester Posts: 38
    edited November 2019

Received mine a couple of days ago. Works like a charm!
    @Ian_Jorgensen, do you guys still plan to publish some tutorial videos about it, or anything like that?

Post edited by Solejkushao on

@artsun said:

Do you remember when you put your name on the wait list?

SpacebatSpacebat United KingdomPosts: 2

I'm actually thinking of getting one of these instead. Any reason why it would not work for live looping on Delige when playing a guitar with both hands?
    https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/12-step/

@Spacebat said:
    I'm actually thinking of getting one of these instead. Any reason why it would not work for live looping on Delige when playing a guitar with both hands?
    https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/12-step/

I think you'd be better off with the softstep, the 12 step is designed as foot-based keyboard while the softstep is more of a general purpose controller.

moonroommoonroom DenmarkPosts: 18

Any news about when the midi foot controller will be available? I signed up on the waiting list when it was announced but still no luck.

I signed up early, too, and just got the MIDI footswitch order email yesterday (Nov 20). I’m in California, US. So don’t give up hope, it will happen soon. Keep checking your inbox and spam folder.

moonroommoonroom DenmarkPosts: 18

@pfrf said:
    I signed up early, too, and just got the MIDI footswitch order email yesterday (Nov 20). I’m in California, US. So don’t give up hope, it will happen soon. Keep checking your inbox and spam folder.

Thank you for letting me know :smile: I'm hanging in there.

SolejkushaoSolejkushao MarseilleBeta Tester Posts: 38

@pfrf said:

@artsun said:

Do you remember when you put your name on the wait list?

Sorry, I didn't see your message. I need to set up notifications here :/
    In case you're still interested, from what I recall I secured a place on the list right when I received the October newsletter, on Oct 21st.
    Did you received yours yet?

Yes, artsun thanks for answering, I did get the MIDI footswitch. It looks nice but I haven’t had time to set it up and play, I’m too busy!

In case you're still interested, from what I recall I secured a place on the list right when I received the October newsletter, on Oct 21st.

We actually started the wait-list in July. We're getting through it though, we're around half-way and moving quickly.