Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

User Defined Scales Issue

GibbousHominidGibbousHominid USAPosts: 27
edited January 2018 in Deluge Help

I am having trouble defining a scale. I am pretty sure I am performing the operation correctly as described in the manual, but the deluge refuses to accept the notes I set. It keeps guessing wrong by adding notes I did not select. I don't want it to guess, when I'm explicitly programming the scale.

Example: try to program a blues scale

Am I missing a step or is this a bug?

Post edited by GibbousHominid on

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

You can alter notes manually on the audition pads by holding one, then holding and turning the select knob - you can change them up or down a semi-tone ;)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Using the scale alter function I am still unable to produce a scale with fewer than seven notes.

Using the define scale function, depending on the root, the deluge will add a note or two when programming a blues scale. There shouldn't be any guessing by the software if I'm defining the root and the scale.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited January 2018

Oh right, thats a known issue actually, my bad. Theres a request here on the forum to change that!

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:
    Oh right, thats a known issue actually, my bad. Theres a request here on the forum to be change that!

Thanks. I searched earlier, but didn't find it. Tried again after your comment and there it was. Upvoted and hoping.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    Scales on the Deluge will usually contain seven different notes (eight if you count the octave - the same as most Western scales). However, sometimes there will be more notes - for instance, if both a major 3rd and a minor 3rd are present when entering scale mode, both will be added to the scale.

manual page

What does the request ask for exactly Gibbous? I dont get a scale with less than 7 notes. All “other” scales seem to consist of 8 (9 too?) notes. The manual just says “usually 7 notes” and “sometimes more”.
    I also like feature suggestion, would also allow to set up a blues scale http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/109/condensed-vertical-note-view-toggle/p1