Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Make every aspect of the Deluge sound synthesis accessible via MIDI

As a sound engineer I want to program an own MIDI controller to edit every sound parameter of the Deluge so that the workflow is more fluent and the configuration more obvious and accessible.

As far as I know a sound editor is on the way but this would require a PC from what I understand. With full MIDI support everyone can implement (and share) the editing on their preferred platform. (iOS, Android, Linux, Arduino...)

Comments

AndrewMAndrewM Brisbane, AU

If Synthstrom engineers are interested in this, then can I suggest they get involved in MIDI-CI
    https://www.midi.org/articles-old/midi-manufacturers-association-mma-adopts-midi-capability-inquiry-midi-ci-specification
    There is a lot going on with regards to this that would be of benefit to the Deluge.

alien_brainalien_brain this side of common sense

if you think about it, this would be impossible.

AndrewMAndrewM Brisbane, AU

@alien_brain said:

With existing MIDI Specs yes this would be difficult agreed - with the MIDI-CI specs being developed there is ways this could be done. I can see how the Deluge could absolutely do this and how it would be of great benefit to Synthstrom especially around the creation of an editor. I recommended they get involved in the development of the spec as I believe they could make sure it would work with an unique instrument such as the Deluge.

@alien_brain said:

What do you mean? This MIDI-CI stuff? If you mean my suggestion in general please elaborate.

ok well, every track on the deluge is able to load a different instrument with similar but separate voice allocation and configuration. a kits can has many sounds assigns accross the notes ranges (praise be, as is one of the best parts of the deluge thinking) which means every sounds architecture couldnt be individually accessed. there are too many parameters and or it would be possible but tedious programming something as infinitely customizable as an editor. but maybe here is where im wrong, maybe someone is willing to take on a money pit labor of love style project, then ill buy that. i doubt it tho. but please, prove me wrong. id love to use something like that.

my bet is that whats coming will be enough for people to bite on for a long while. limits have risen on a lot of fronts in v2. i think it may be close enough to satisfy a lot of discerning users. hopefully.

Ok let me clarify that. I never asked for full MIDI implementation for every track. In my story I said "As a sound engineer..." not "As a performance artist...". The only thing I want to do is creating a new synth patch with a convenient user interface.

Despite that, even a multi-track MIDI control could be possible by just changing one MIDI CC. One CC could be the "track select" which determines which track is affected by all the other CCs.

kits have many sounds each with a distinct architecture so your determination would need to include track and note number and then parameter. not sayin its impossible, just a lot of work. but i agree, would be nice to have an easier interface. for designing sounds that is. but im not unhappy with the way it is now. i see more value in performance control than simple sound design.