Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Make every aspect of the Deluge sound synthesis accessible via MIDI

As a sound engineer I want to program an own MIDI controller to edit every sound parameter of the Deluge so that the workflow is more fluent and the configuration more obvious and accessible.

As far as I know a sound editor is on the way but this would require a PC from what I understand. With full MIDI support everyone can implement (and share) the editing on their preferred platform. (iOS, Android, Linux, Arduino...)

Comments

AndrewMAndrewM Brisbane, AUBeta Tester Posts: 11

If Synthstrom engineers are interested in this, then can I suggest they get involved in MIDI-CI
    https://www.midi.org/articles-old/midi-manufacturers-association-mma-adopts-midi-capability-inquiry-midi-ci-specification
    There is a lot going on with regards to this that would be of benefit to the Deluge.

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AndrewMAndrewM Brisbane, AUBeta Tester Posts: 11

@alien_brain said:
    if you think about it, this would be impossible.

With existing MIDI Specs yes this would be difficult agreed - with the MIDI-CI specs being developed there is ways this could be done. I can see how the Deluge could absolutely do this and how it would be of great benefit to Synthstrom especially around the creation of an editor. I recommended they get involved in the development of the spec as I believe they could make sure it would work with an unique instrument such as the Deluge.

@alien_brain said:
    if you think about it, this would be impossible.

What do you mean? This MIDI-CI stuff? If you mean my suggestion in general please elaborate.

Ok let me clarify that. I never asked for full MIDI implementation for every track. In my story I said "As a sound engineer..." not "As a performance artist...". The only thing I want to do is creating a new synth patch with a convenient user interface.

Despite that, even a multi-track MIDI control could be possible by just changing one MIDI CC. One CC could be the "track select" which determines which track is affected by all the other CCs.