Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Step automation view / automation drawing (track long envelope drawing).

2»

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited December 2019

Made a sketch to try out how it could look with the "Volume Slider" control (Monome, Launchpad). Just basic editing, of course a way to draw shapes like curves and ramps is still crying at me when i look at the beatiful grid. This could be done by pressing pads in multiple columns at once and Deluge interprets the pressed pads as control points of a Bezier curve or similar.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    ROGAVKAROGAVKA BerlinPosts: 9

+1 came up with the same idea tonight.
    sometimes you just know that CC should stay at 20 for half a measure and 100 for another half, and recording it live is a pain.
    vertical zoom for precision control would also be awesome
    cheers

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

Good idea. Could be set up 'Fruity Loops style (there's a blast from the past) so that centre is zero for parameter and column height either side of this is value, with Deluge zoom available for fine adjustment.

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80
    edited January 2020

@CaptJakk said:
    This is currently my number 1 feature request. I'd like to be able to do crescendos and filter sweeps on the tail end of a particular track instance, but the only way to do that is record it freehand, which leaves me wanting a little.

You can input value per step but I agree that this is cumbersome

Post edited by NRuck on
    tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53

@CaptJakk said:
    This is currently my number 1 feature request. I'd like to be able to do crescendos and filter sweeps on the tail end of a particular track instance, but the only way to do that is record it freehand, which leaves me wanting a little.

mine also...it is somehow cumbersome to have to 'motion record' automation and have no visual feedback when the matrix is the perfect place for it.

tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53

@CaptJakk said:

yes mine too...i started a thread a while ago but I think the thread title was too obtuse

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2965/input-automation-lanes-tracks-on-led-matrix#latest

... also the deluge had (in the past) snapping that would interfere with automation that I tried to motion record.

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

Hi everyone, I made this feature request happen here! It is now part of the community open source firmware and will continue to be improved over time.

https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/5476/automation-view-mode#latest

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

There is a god! 😄
    Thanks @seangoodvibes!!

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29
    edited August 2023

Thanks @seangoodvibes!! You did such an amazing job and integrated that feature perfectly! Also thanks to @phil for even suggesting it. I never knew I needed that feature so badly until I tried it! For me it really is the most amazing upgrade that has come with the deluge being open source.

Post edited by nebtug on
    seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

You’re welcome 🤩! Glad you like the feature 😊!