Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Tool for renaming synths and keeping songs updated with the new synth names

After having purchased the boards of deluge 3 synth pack I am slowly getting in trouble keeping my synths organized. I would like to rename a bunch of synth patches and have the name changes updated in the affected songs. I tried some of the 3rd party tools including downrush but did not find such a functionality.

Did I miss something or is this a new feature request?

Brass side of life: JTK and SHCB

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 298

Yes there are some other requests regarding this problem

1. Search Kit/Synth Functionality http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2874/search-kit-synth-functionality
    2. Folder structure for organizing presets http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1026/folder-structure-for-organizing-presets
    3. Use MUTE/AUDITION pads as "Finder" for loading Samples, Presets and Songs http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1644/use-mute-audition-pads-as-finder-for-loading-samples-presets-and-songs#latest
    staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyPosts: 29

Thanks for pointing me at these discussions and proposals. I think they are great solutions for many users.
    I started (i guess like most of deluge users) with the factory synths. As the synth collection and the number of songs grow staying organized gets more and more difficult. The larger the collection is the more you learn about your personal structuring needs. Here renaming synths or restructuring the in subfolders definitely would be great.
    But it needs to be ensured that the song.xmls are keeping the connection to renamed/relocated synths. Oherwise they get orphaned and the songs will have missing synths.
    Here a tool would be handy which allows to rename/relocate synths and at the same time keeps the affected existing song.xmls updated.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator Posts: 674

@staubi said:
    Thanks for pointing me at these discussions and proposals. I think they are great solutions for many users.
    I started (i guess like most of deluge users) with the factory synths. As the synth collection and the number of songs grow staying organized gets more and more difficult. The larger the collection is the more you learn about your personal structuring needs. Here renaming synths or restructuring the in subfolders definitely would be great.
    But it needs to be ensured that the song.xmls are keeping the connection to renamed/relocated synths. Oherwise they get orphaned and the songs will have missing synths.
    Here a tool would be handy which allows to rename/relocate synths and at the same time keeps the affected existing song.xmls updated.

You will in fact not have 'orphans' - the songs store their unique versions of synth and kit pacthes - you could delete a patch from your list, and it will still stay in a song it is saved in regardless.
    Deleting sample files however will result in 'missing file' messages and problems

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyPosts: 29
    edited April 19

Maybe I did not explain my use case properly. I am thinking about reorganizing synth patches by renaming. But the synths are already used in existing songs. My understanding is, that once I rename a synth the song.xml does not know the new name and will not play properly anymore.

Post edited by staubi on