Emulate pitch bend with golden knob
I think it's a sort of missed ball not having any kind of pitch bend/pitch wheel control on Deluge though it has a decent synth engine:)
Here's an idea of how to emulate it with one of the golden knobs.
So currently the master pitch can be assigned to golden knob but its behavior is far from a correct pitch bend functionality.
The idea is based on OP-1 approach but slightly improved.
- So the golden knob would change the pitch up or down depending on the direction it is turned in. Its center position is the 0 pitch change. This is the current behavior.
- The pitch glides back quickly to 0 immediately when (or 10-20 milliseconds after) the movement of the golden knob has finished.
- When the golden knob is pushed it keeps the pitch until it gets released. This would emulate when the player holds the pitch wheel and plays further with the pitch change on a keyboard.
1. How pitch bend functionality can be accessed? Should it repace the current master pitch assignment on golden knob? Or should it be a new feature accessible by one of the free pads?
2. How is it possible to set range of pitch bend? Or sould it still be fixed to one octave?