Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Applying effects temporarily

Currently there is this feature where you can edit a clip's sound parameters in song view, by holding down on one of the clip's 16 pads and then turning the gold knobs.

It would be nice to have an option, especially in live performance, where you could specify that the effects you apply will be reverted/removed once you release the clip's pad.

How?
1. Hold down on one of the clip's pads in song view.
2. Additionally hold down the shift button.
3. Apply effects (select different parameters, turn gold knobs) as one would normally do.
4. Release clip's pad and/or the shift button and all of the clip's sound parameter's will be reset to where they were before holding down the shift button/clip's pad.

The exact implementation is open to discussion. All I would like to see is a way to instantly remove recently applied effects.

Comments

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

+1
    I also miss the feature of temporary effects on tracks in song/arranger view a bit.

SHIFT has already its own role in arranger mode however: SHIFT + press a clip on a track to make the selected clip arranger specific. But in song mode it can work.

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

See Cloned track with same synth and How do I make realtime synth parameter changes apply to all tracks that use the same synth preset?
    to understand the (IMO poorly chosen) design decisions that make this impossible at the moment. And upvote them, because that's the only realistic way this is getting fixed, I think.

weasel_spatulasweasel_spatulas HelsinkiBeta Tester Posts: 9
    edited December 2019

Resetting gold knobs would be nice.
    In my thoughts they could work by pressing down + turning the golden knob, similar to the stutter effect. But then upon depress the effect parameter (Stutter too!) would reset to the original state.

Of course this would require changing the current gold-options (LPF-HPF-EQ etc) to eg shift-knobpress.

Post edited by weasel_spatulas on
    maxicsirkemaxicsirke HungaryPosts: 2

I think this feature is already in the deluge, if I understand you correctly. Just press the shift + the golden knob of the fx you want to reset.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

a workaround is to prepare sub songs. apply fx and to reset, load an appropriate sub song.

weasel_spatulasweasel_spatulas HelsinkiBeta Tester Posts: 9
    edited December 2019

I meant "self-resetting" of course, if that makes sense.

Shift+[pressing gold knob] deletes any automation the parameter might have, but does not "reset" the effect to eg what was saved in the song. Right?

Post edited by weasel_spatulas on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited December 2019

@weasel_spatulas said:
    I meant "self-resetting" of course, if that makes sense.

Shift+[pressing gold knob] deletes any automation the parameter might have, but does not "reset" the effect to eg what was saved in the song. Right?

Yes. The param delete command only targets events that are recorded at a certain step. it does not revert to the value that was saved with the song or preset.

I think I get what maxicsirke meant: in Song (and Arranger?) mode, while shift is pressed, all changes could be temporary. like a X-Y pad DJ effect, i like the idea. for performance this would rock for sure. not sure if it messes up too much workflows for composing. btw, i have a made a similar request to reset the master effects.
    another workaround idea is creating clip clones on the spot. say, i have a drum loop clip and want to live perform a cutoff sweep. just clone the drum clip, launch the clone, do cutoff sweep and launch the original clip.

Post edited by amiga909 on