Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

VSCO orchestral multisample library

Brought to you by me and the awesome Ron Cavagnaro (thanks for the link), I've organized this big ass orchestral multisample (and other samples) library with heaps of different articulations into readily Deluge-MULTi-loadable folders so you won't have to! :D

Here's what the folder naming means:

• 1 is lower velocity samples, 2 is higher, and so on.
  • F..ex. 1-2, 2-2 means round robin variation 2

It's FREE, open use, public domain. Go grab it!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JEEVdiEI-f-p16bIHtyBjN_mKHXIBq8D?fbclid=IwAR0kTfHfgVPhGVtVg6FI65pqYuBELo7utTyBJimhDefY2OdZQV8rAoYO-Iw

Comments

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 76

big thumbs up :)

amiga909amiga909 SwitzerlandPosts: 622

wow!

VoddoBassVoddoBass SwedenPosts: 22

Amazing stuff <3

EddyEddy ColognePosts: 150
    edited January 11

big THX to Norway!!!
    except I don´t understand the folder hierarchy at this point - now that I have learned about RR Variations, I wonder how to map these multisampled into Deluge

Post edited by Eddy on
    overdopedoverdoped meckpommPosts: 14

Big thanks for the sharing.

KegeratorzKegeratorz PAPosts: 13

Thank you!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 478

@Eddy We can't really use round robins per se currently, but you can make different patches with them :) And you COULD use something like the Rk-002 cable from Retrokits to have round robin capabilities with the Deluge :)

Programming tips:

Velocity levels: Multi-load lower velo folder to OSC1, and higher velo folder to OSC2, patch OSC1 vol to Velocity -50, and OSC2 vol to Velocity +50.

Articulations: We can't effectively use them all in one patch yet, but you can get creative, like load low velo flute without vibrato to OSC1, then load higher velo flute WITH vibrato to OSC2.

But essentially you make different adjacent patches with the articulations like staccato and sustained versions.

Other stuff: I usually patch Master Pitch to Random, just slightly, value 1 or 2, to make subtle variations in pitch which is pleasing to the brain :)

Patch LPF cutoff to Velocity to have a more muffled sound at lowest velocities - set LPF freq. to something like 35-40, preferably with 12dB filter, then patch cutoff to Velocity, ca. 15-25

Patch Velocity slightly to Decay, so that low hits will have shorter sounds.

Use Release to have a more natural tail sound on samples, or to activate piano/keyboard type sustain pedal action.

Those are my most standard processes

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 152
    edited January 15

Great stuff !
    I usually set aftertouch to modulate vibrato depth, if you check my videos you can see what i mean. It would be awesome to have OSC3 to layer the real vibrato samples as they sound more natural than the pitch modulation.

Post edited by fryyyy on

@Icoustik said:
    @Eddy We can't really use round robins per se currently, but you can make different patches with them :) And you COULD use something like the Rk-002 cable from Retrokits to have round robin capabilities with the Deluge :)

I have got a MIDIPAL Device, maybe I can map it like a RK 002

FilpalFilpal Paris, FrancePosts: 27

That's huge!!!! Many thanks!

moonroommoonroom DenmarkPosts: 6

This is my first post on this great forum, so hi everyone! I wanted to make a new post, but for some reason I can't, but I can comment :) My question also relates to this sample pack sort of.

It seems like the Deluge's CPU will overload pretty fast when I do the following:

I load a piano multisample from this pack, a piano. I set the release (sustain) pretty high, and add an arpeggiator (up&down). This will sound fine on it's own, but if I add a bass and a bass drum, the sound will begin to crackle. If I set the priority on the piano to "high", the drum and bass will disappear. Also going into the sound editor, everything will lag, and become unresponsive.
    I tried some other samples as well with long release (sustain). A harp from this pack, and another piano multisample I have, with the same result. If I turn the release/sustain down (and/or the arpeggiator) everything will run more smoothly.

What really seems to push the CPU is long release (sustain) and arpeggiator combined, in multisample mode. Maybe this is normal and the natural limit of the Deluge CPU? I was just wondering if anyone else have tried it.

Sorry if this should have been a new post, but I cant't for the life of me find out where I can create a new post :)

@moonroom
    I can´t reproduce that as far as I have experimented: Long release on bass and piano, arp on bass and piano and no crackles or stutters. Maybe your multisampled piano is faulty and you should built it up again

@Eddy Thank you for trying to reproduce it man. That is interesting. What kind of piano sound did you use? Originally I used a piano sound from the above mentioned "VSCO orchestral multisample library". To reproduce it I used "Upright Piano", and folder 3. I also tried with some other multisampled pianos I have from Native Instruments. Some works fine, but again I could reproduce it if I chose a piano sound which already has a long sustain in the sample itself.

Maybe it happens if the specific multisample already is a "big file" with a long sustain. If it is just a short sound, turning up the release won't max out the CPU I think. I actually just checked the upright piano sample in folder 3. The lower notes are around 6mb each, which is pretty big for one note. Again if I choose a piano sample with an already smaller sustain (and smaller file size), then I have no problem and can turn the release up as long as I want.
    But of course resampling is an option. I tried that and it sound fine :)

Ok. Just wanted to add that I checked out the VSCO upright piano samples in folder 3. The lower ones are about 30 seconds long each! So I can kind of understand it maxing out with full release and fast arp with many notes :)

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 7

More free to use license orchestral samples...
    http://www.philharmonia.co.uk/explore/sound_samples
    I havent attempted to load test any of these BTW

vdj1308vdj1308 United StatesPosts: 5

Thanks!!!

@moonroom Yes don't use high release on files with long tails of silence and the like :)