Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

VSCO orchestral multisample library

Brought to you by me and the awesome Ron Cavagnaro (thanks for the link), I've organized this big ass orchestral multisample (and other samples) library with heaps of different articulations into readily Deluge-MULTi-loadable folders so you won't have to! :D

Here's what the folder naming means:

• 1 is lower velocity samples, 2 is higher, and so on.
  • F..ex. 1-2, 2-2 means round robin variation 2

It's FREE, open use, public domain. Go grab it!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JEEVdiEI-f-p16bIHtyBjN_mKHXIBq8D?fbclid=IwAR0kTfHfgVPhGVtVg6FI65pqYuBELo7utTyBJimhDefY2OdZQV8rAoYO-Iw

Comments

big thumbs up :)

amiga909amiga909 Switzerland

wow!

Amazing stuff <3

EddyEddy Cologne
    edited January 11

big THX to Norway!!!
    except I don´t understand the folder hierarchy at this point - now that I have learned about RR Variations, I wonder how to map these multisampled into Deluge

Post edited by Eddy on

Big thanks for the sharing.

Thank you!

@Eddy We can't really use round robins per se currently, but you can make different patches with them :) And you COULD use something like the Rk-002 cable from Retrokits to have round robin capabilities with the Deluge :)

Programming tips:

Velocity levels: Multi-load lower velo folder to OSC1, and higher velo folder to OSC2, patch OSC1 vol to Velocity -50, and OSC2 vol to Velocity +50.

Articulations: We can't effectively use them all in one patch yet, but you can get creative, like load low velo flute without vibrato to OSC1, then load higher velo flute WITH vibrato to OSC2.

But essentially you make different adjacent patches with the articulations like staccato and sustained versions.

Other stuff: I usually patch Master Pitch to Random, just slightly, value 1 or 2, to make subtle variations in pitch which is pleasing to the brain :)

Patch LPF cutoff to Velocity to have a more muffled sound at lowest velocities - set LPF freq. to something like 35-40, preferably with 12dB filter, then patch cutoff to Velocity, ca. 15-25

Patch Velocity slightly to Decay, so that low hits will have shorter sounds.

Use Release to have a more natural tail sound on samples, or to activate piano/keyboard type sustain pedal action.

Those are my most standard processes

fryyyyfryyyy germany
    edited January 15

Great stuff !
    I usually set aftertouch to modulate vibrato depth, if you check my videos you can see what i mean. It would be awesome to have OSC3 to layer the real vibrato samples as they sound more natural than the pitch modulation.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    EddyEddy Cologne

@Icoustik said:
    @Eddy We can't really use round robins per se currently, but you can make different patches with them :) And you COULD use something like the Rk-002 cable from Retrokits to have round robin capabilities with the Deluge :)

I have got a MIDIPAL Device, maybe I can map it like a RK 002