Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

64+GB SD cards can now be used :)

IcoustikIcoustik Norway
edited September 5 in General

From Rohan:
'New fact for the day: although the SD card standard says that you're meant to format 64GB+ cards with Microsoft's proprietary exFAT filesystem, and Windows won't let you format a FAT32 drive bigger than 32GB, the FAT32 standard totally does support going bigger than 32GB - all you need is a special program (link below) to do what Windows won't let you, and format it. After that, Windows is totally happy to read / write to the larger drive. And so is a Deluge.'

In other words, format the card to FAT32 using a dedicated program :)

Program for windows: ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Program for mac (not tested yet, give feedback): https://admfactory.com/how-to-format-usb-flash-drive-to-fat32-in-mac-os/

Post edited by Icoustik on

Comments

Mac users, please confirm if the linked program works :)

beakerbeaker Adelaide

Don't have a 64gig SD card, but just tested the linked instructions on a 64gig USB key and it works fine.

So it should work with a SD card too :) :)

Great man :) Thanks

I've tested it yesterday. Works great with SanDisk Ultra.

@mike505 said:

Do we know if there's a meaningful difference between Ultra and Extreme SD cards for use in the Deluge?

@six_wax said:

@mike505 said:

Do we know if there's a meaningful difference between Ultra and Extreme SD cards for use in the Deluge?

Fyi for those that come later, mine came this week with an 80Mb/s read time SD card.
    (This is roughly equivalent to streaming ~4-5 minutes of stereo 44.1kHz/24bit audio from disk... per second)

This corresponds to SanDisk "Ultra" speeds, so you can safely save a few bucks vs the Extreme, I'd guess.