Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Instant mute as a Default option

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware place

Holding shift to mute instantly is a bit of a pain when performing with multiple machines, can we please have single button instant mute as an option? In fact I think I’d prefer the opposite behaviour to what we currently have, instant mute to not require shift and cued muting to require shift, it makes more sense to me that way, as typically instant muting is well, instant, where cued muting happens after the specified timebase.

Comments

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICA

I agree, I also miss the option to have cued mutes on the next beat/bar. I often have tracks with variations built-in ( 4 bar chord progression over 8 bars ) so really they can be cued to the 4 bar boundary

alien_brainalien_brain this side of common sense

+1

JscottkJscottk Seattle

+1 great idea. I'd love to be able to automate track muting as well (so I can set up cuts/drops within tracks easily)

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, Germany

-1 :p

I prefer the current way

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usa

Would a latching shift button, as has been requested, do the trick?

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, Germany

@minigoat RE: Latching. yeah... I'd think so.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware place

@minigoat I +1 for the latching shift but I don’t think it would replace exactly and I think both latching shift and instant mute would be good to have.

MPrinsenMPrinsen Netherlands

Yeah I agree and also agree that there should be multiple modes to choose from, per track.

Some tracks I only want to launch once (one-shot)
    Others should play until I release the pad (nice for live playing with samples)
    Other should loop, but some should sync to a bar of 16 beats, so when you mute, it first finishes the bar, no matter what other tracks are doing.
    Some should synch to only 4 beat, others to 1 beat.
    Others should mute immediately.
    Etc.

+1 - and please recording automations of track mutes!