sequencer editing: nudge individual notes left/right

If I need to slightly move a note within sequencer I need to
a) delete note
b) re-enter note
c) set the probability
d) set the velocity
e) put an automation on it

the nudge note horizontally would kill these 5 steps
we already have nudging vertically soo ?

Post edited by funktree on

Comments

p_watsp_wats Toronto

We already have the ability to shift notes horizontally. It's in the manual:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/mobilebasic

"hold down the ▼▲ knob and turn the ◄► knob"

sorry for not being clear I forgot to say individually, I know about shifting all of them :)

esbiumesbium Portland, OR

Agreed, shifting one not at a time is critical to creating great flowing beats. +1 for this feature. Love the Deluge!

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICA
    edited June 21

+1 I'll be referencing the Pyramid a lot, since it's my primary sequencer, and got a lot of things right.

What's needed:

• Shift the entire pattern forward and back in time, and up and down in pitch
    • Shift a single note in the same way.
    • Shift an entire column ( all notes in a single step, super useful for chords )
    • Shift a range of notes ( select first step, last step, and either just that row or the entire column )
    Post edited by o0_ on

Was searching for a way to do that. Now I know why I couldn't find it

eclipxeeclipxe Irvine, CA

Yes, yes, yes +100

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UK

Agree - I often find myself wanting to do this. Maybe hold the note and do the 'shift all' procedure if that's not too much like playing finger-twister!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware place

+1

+1

the best/most logically would be if a single note (+event) could be nudged by the </> knob.. though then the velocity parameter need to be somewhere else (the </> knob for velocity isn’t logically anyways).

monoconmonocon Austria

+1

@Volt said:
    +1

the best/most logically would be if a single note (+event) could be nudged by the </> knob.. though then the velocity parameter need to be somewhere else (the </> knob for velocity isn’t logically anyways).

Maybe have push down on </> to toggle between velocity or shift when a pad is held? The display could flash velo/shft to indicate which mode is active.

It would be cool to be able to move all notes on an individual or multiple steps - hold learn, select your pads and then move them whilst the unselected notes stay where they were.

intowhiteintowhite las vegas

just basic nudge would be immense for creating grooves

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICA

moving notes without having to zoom all the way in would be awesome. press and rotate encoder, 100% forward is the next step, 100% back is the previous step.

ACHoJACHoJ Canada

Hi, I’m new here and 98% sure I’m about to pull the trigger on a Deluge, but landed on this forum and this thread, when I googled “Deluge note nudge”. Now that I see that it’s not implemented, and others are talking about it, I’m wondering if you guys have a formal feature request thread, or if these threads are already watched by the devs and user suggestions implemented on a regular basis? Thanks!

+1
    Just to mention the third way of nudging: It would be also nice if we could nudge all notes of all tracks simultaneously at once. Often, when I already recorded some teacks, I recognise that the “1“ (theoretically beginning of the loops) is somewhere else. So nudging all tracks at once could save a lot of time and irritations.