Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

sequencer editing: nudge individual notes left/right

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

If I need to slightly move a note within sequencer I need to
a) delete note
b) re-enter note
c) set the probability
d) set the velocity
e) put an automation on it

the nudge note horizontally would kill these 5 steps
we already have nudging vertically soo ?

Post edited by funktree on

Comments

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

We already have the ability to shift notes horizontally. It's in the manual:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/mobilebasic

"hold down the ▼▲ knob and turn the ◄► knob"

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

sorry for not being clear I forgot to say individually, I know about shifting all of them :)

esbiumesbium Portland, ORPosts: 1

Agreed, shifting one not at a time is critical to creating great flowing beats. +1 for this feature. Love the Deluge!

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107
    edited June 2018

+1 I'll be referencing the Pyramid a lot, since it's my primary sequencer, and got a lot of things right.

What's needed:

• Shift the entire pattern forward and back in time, and up and down in pitch
    • Shift a single note in the same way.
    • Shift an entire column ( all notes in a single step, super useful for chords )
    • Shift a range of notes ( select first step, last step, and either just that row or the entire column )
    Post edited by o0_ on
    KillertomatoKillertomato berlinBeta Tester Posts: 12

Was searching for a way to do that. Now I know why I couldn't find it

eclipxeeclipxe Irvine, CABeta Tester Posts: 19

Yes, yes, yes +100

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

Agree - I often find myself wanting to do this. Maybe hold the note and do the 'shift all' procedure if that's not too much like playing finger-twister!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

FaschingsPrinzFaschingsPrinz ViennaPosts: 21

+1

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

+1

VoltVolt Posts: 55

+1

the best/most logically would be if a single note (+event) could be nudged by the </> knob.. though then the velocity parameter need to be somewhere else (the </> knob for velocity isn’t logically anyways).

monoconmonocon AustriaPosts: 3

+1

@Volt said:
    +1

the best/most logically would be if a single note (+event) could be nudged by the </> knob.. though then the velocity parameter need to be somewhere else (the </> knob for velocity isn’t logically anyways).

Maybe have push down on </> to toggle between velocity or shift when a pad is held? The display could flash velo/shft to indicate which mode is active.

It would be cool to be able to move all notes on an individual or multiple steps - hold learn, select your pads and then move them whilst the unselected notes stay where they were.

intowhiteintowhite las vegasPosts: 9

just basic nudge would be immense for creating grooves

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

moving notes without having to zoom all the way in would be awesome. press and rotate encoder, 100% forward is the next step, 100% back is the previous step.

ACHoJACHoJ CanadaPosts: 3

Hi, I’m new here and 98% sure I’m about to pull the trigger on a Deluge, but landed on this forum and this thread, when I googled “Deluge note nudge”. Now that I see that it’s not implemented, and others are talking about it, I’m wondering if you guys have a formal feature request thread, or if these threads are already watched by the devs and user suggestions implemented on a regular basis? Thanks!

MK_0MK_0 RPosts: 21

+1
    Just to mention the third way of nudging: It would be also nice if we could nudge all notes of all tracks simultaneously at once. Often, when I already recorded some teacks, I recognise that the “1“ (theoretically beginning of the loops) is somewhere else. So nudging all tracks at once could save a lot of time and irritations.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Volt said:
    +1

ui idea:
    i use velocity way more often than microtiming. l/r should stay velocity for me.
    u/d should be note length as mentioned in another thread.
    nudge should be a new param in sound edit mode, accessable via a shift & pad shortcut.
    also learnable to a knob for fast access and to modifiers for modulation fun.
    new menu option: Step
    params:

• Dlay: delay start time (in 1/256 steps) or
    • Nudg: nudge left/right

• Gate: note length (in 1/256 steps)

• Note: 0-127
    MakaiMakai United StatesPosts: 10

+1

fast intuitive nudging for individual notes would be highly appreciated. I love that you can record midi into this thing without the required quant that some machines force upon you, but being able to tweak and correct patterns with a nudge option would be great.

ChrisfreeqChrisfreeq NorwayPosts: 25

+1

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Guys i don't know if this is old news or not but you can do this. have 2 events on different tracks in arranger mode and hold the leftmost pad on one event and twist the <> and Viola.

supertwangsupertwang Austin, TXPosts: 11

@rcz said:
    Guys i don't know if this is old news or not but you can do this. have 2 events on different tracks in arranger mode and hold the leftmost pad on one event and twist the <> and Viola.

rcz. I think you're referring to moving chunks in the timeline of arranger mode. The feature request is to nudge individual notes/events in a track, presumably at finer resolution than 64ths, for true microtiming... something that is critical for certain grooves, drum flams, etc. It goes a long way to humanize the otherwise pretty robotic grid.

+1 from me. This is my second most-wanted feature, beaten out only by my desire for improvements to the track coloring that would let us differentiate what track is what.

I'd love an interface like velocity, or note probabliliy for this, and the ability to shift the entire track at once.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

@supertwang plus 1 from me too.

I thought maybe there was a work around there with resample. Seems pretty inconvenient though and def warrents a fix.

pETERpROTONpETERpROTON stuttgart, germanyPosts: 5

+1> @Makai said:

+1

fast intuitive nudging for individual notes would be highly appreciated. I love that you can record midi into this thing without the required quant that some machines force upon you, but being able to tweak and correct patterns with a nudge option would be great.

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1
    +! extra... with nudging action to be programed -i.e. probability

NorisNoris AustriaPosts: 38

Yes please.

+1. Or could we even copy/paste individual notes in Track view by holding the note, pressing Learn, then holding a new note location and pressing Learn + Shift? Any technique we could use to shift individual notes left/right would be very helpful. Thanks!

evan14evan14 USAPosts: 1

dang I really expected the deluge would have this, given how feature packed it is - I really have come to use this feature very often with the elektron fm groovebox (deluge purchase was inspired by wanting a battery operated groovebox I could bring on my frequent work trips that did synths + samples and was better than the electribe 2s); nudging can impart a liveliness otherwise unattainable with (even high resolution) step sequencing. please bring this to the machine devs!

OllieOllie SeattlePosts: 14
    edited June 2019

Yes, this is a critical feature. I suggest, (hold step down+rotate < >) to change individual step timing. Change velocity of the note to (hold step + up / down knob) or (hold step + select knob) or (hold down step + Press down on the up / down knob, then rotate). Thanks.

Post edited by Ollie on
    henrikmaneuverhenrikmaneuver BerlinPosts: 18

It seems like the original post has branched out into another direction, from a request for moving notes within the fixed grid to nudging notes so that they are slightly off grid. I was very surprised that the Deluge doesn't support the latter, an essential feature in my opinion. Should I start a new post to clarify the two separate suggestions or is it fine to leave as is? In the meantime, is there any way to accomplish individual timing? Only had the unit for a week so I'm still learning.

This discussion has been closed.