Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Click options - possible, or am I 'DELUSIONAL'?

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I am just awaiting a Deluge, and am trying to get things organized in preparation.
I have a few questions I can't see answers to in the manual - Here are a couple:

It would be really useful to be able to route the Click/metronome to JUST the headphone output.
Is that possible?

Also, Can I use one of my own of my own samples as a metronome source?

Thanks

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

There's only one DAC i.e. the headphone can't be independent from the main out.
    However, you can output clicks with a gate output to headphones - make a kit track with a gate row (hold an audition pad, press CV button), input notes and extend them unto each other to make the clicks sound best.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

cool workaround, Icoustik.
    would upvote for the word play on DELUSIONAL alone 😀
    impossible though, as explained.

It's better than panning clicks hard to one side of the main out and being stuck with mono :p

ethfethf Los AngelesPosts: 3

If this isn't too much to ask, would it be possible to upload a short example of what a click track using the CV out would sound like? For my workflow I need a click or the ability to hear the rhythm track in ear before the audience, based on how I arrange my music, it's essential. I'd like to have accents for the downbeat and possibly subdivided into 1/8 notes, with emphasis on the 1. Is this possible via gate out?

@Icoustik said:
    However, you can output clicks with a gate output to headphones - make a kit track with a gate row (hold an audition pad, press CV button), input notes and extend them unto each other to make the clicks sound best.

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

@ethf said:
    If this isn't too much to ask, would it be possible to upload a short example of what a click track using the CV out would sound like? For my workflow I need a click or the ability to hear the rhythm track in ear before the audience, based on how I arrange my music, it's essential. I'd like to have accents for the downbeat and possibly subdivided into 1/8 notes, with emphasis on the 1. Is this possible via gate out?

@Icoustik said:

I too need a discreet click, and am looking for a solution...

The sound from the gate output is a clicky click, mono, and the sound is best when notes are extended unto each other, not space inbetween the notes.
    They are input into gate rows, which are created in a kit by holding an empty ('none') kit audition pad and pressing the CV button. Select the gate output number to output to with the bottom gold knob.

Usually it won't be very loud, depending on the headphones. In live situations it's probably best to use some kind of headphone amp.

You can emphasize the 1 by for example leaving a small space inbetween two notes in a location that makes sense to you.