β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Din midi latency using with modal skulpt

GlynnGlynn UKPosts: 9

Greetings.
I have the Deluge connected to the skulpt synth using midi din.
When I play audition pads on the deluge to the skulpt the timing is correct BUT when I play a sequence of notes there is an audible delay before the notes sound. Maybe 20ms or so.
I know I can nudge notes..can I nudge a whole midi track?
Do any of you fine peeps know what could be the cause of this behaviour?

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604
    edited August 2022

hold up/down encoder and then turn left/right encoder to move all notes forward or back. zoom in to have the nudges move in smaller increments.

i'm not certain why you're having a delay/latency issue. a video example could help get to the bottom of it

Post edited by reza on
    volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Did you by any chance tampered with midi sync?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Ok thanks reza your suggestion has worked for all notes on the track. The first note in sequence won't be heard because it's shifted before 1st beat I understand that.
    I've checked various settings in both devices and am mystified why timing is ok when playing notes/pads/auditioning but is delayed/latent when playing the sequence.
    I would like the skulpt synth to be in time so for now am still wondering.
    Volsteh thank you I did have a tamper with that setting but not before the issue.
    I have recycled the power on off several times since then so presumably it's back at default.
    It didn't fix the timing issue.
    I don't have any other midi hardware close right now to try...hmm

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Glynn said:
    Ok thanks reza your suggestion has worked for all notes on the track. The first note in sequence won't be heard because it's shifted before 1st beat I understand that.
    I've checked various settings in both devices and am mystified why timing is ok when playing notes/pads/auditioning but is delayed/latent when playing the sequence.
    I would like the skulpt synth to be in time so for now am still wondering.
    Volsteh thank you I did have a tamper with that setting but not before the issue.
    I have recycled the power on off several times since then so presumably it's back at default.
    It didn't fix the timing issue.
    I don't have any other midi hardware close right now to try...hmm

maybe these settings can fix?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Yes I'm thinking it could to be something to do with clock PPQN resolution between the 2 devices.
    The issue only appears when the Deluge sequencer plays. I'll be trying some different PPQN values tomorrow but I did try 192ppqn earlier with no success. Thanks I really hope I can get this sorted

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

try less numbers and in multiples of 4 too. 4, 8, 16, etc. good luck!

edited August 2022

reza it worked :) thanks! I've settled on a PPQN value of 8. It's not sample accurate haha but certainly usable. My only concern now is in a weeks time when I also connect it to microfreak and nts1 if they will all play nicely together at this PPQN setting.

Post edited by Glynn on