Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Quick navigation?

annaluiseannaluise Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 19
edited December 2021 in Deluge Help

(This is not a feature request. I'm just looking for any answer on the subject question.)

I know it's been discussed before somewhere, but I cannot find the discussion anymore for the love of Eris:

What is a speedy way to navigate a huge number of synth presets (or anything really) using the keyboard and turn knobs?

For example, say I have multiple synth presets, Synth-A01 to Synth-A99, then Synth-B00 to Synth-B99, then Synth-C00 to Synth-C99. (This is an artificial minimal example with real world application)

I thought it is possible to type »Synth-« and turn some knob ( Select maybe? ) to immediately switch to »Synth-« with »A00« behind the cursor. The next turn of Select would bring »Synth-« with »B00« behind the cursor. The next turn would bring »Synth-« with »C00« behind the cursor.

Turning the <> knob would allow for finer navigation depending on the cursor position. For example if I type »Synth-«, turn Select to get the »A00« behind the cursor and then move the cursor behind the A, so that I have »00« behind the cursor, then the next turn of the Select knob would yield »Synth-A« with »10« behind the cursor.

I thought this is already possible but cannot find out how to do it.

If it isn't, what is a relatively quick way to navigate presets?

Post edited by annaluise on
Tagged:

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

Only way to jump in that case is to do it with typing.
    Turning the select knob will only skip letter revisions of numeral saves if you hold shift. So like saves 1A, 1B, 1C, etc. can be skipped to 2 when holding shift. This is currently the only skipping possible without using the keyboard to type.

Post edited by Too_Mere on

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If you simply type “A” or “B” after pressing Load + synth, it should jump to those presets. Can type the numbers as well.

Also, in 4.0 firmware, now in beta, users can organize presets with folders :)

I gave a bad minimal example.

Say if it's not A, B and C but D, L and X, but I don't remember these letters. Is it possible to jump to them without guessing?

Or any other way of faster dialling through the presets? Say skip every 10 or so?

Thank you for the quick answer!

Have a good day and a wonderful start into the new year!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Thanks, you too! :)