Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Like Bulaw - Episode 1 & 2 reruns (July)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 534
edited July 3 in Synthstrom TV

Michael J. Bulaw ( Too Mere on these forums) is very well known for having an encyclopedic knowledge of the Deluge and a master of multiple classic, as well as, inventive workflows.

Michael will be hosting two x 30min episodes each month talking through ideas and hacks you might not have investigated on the Deluge before.

Michael will be in the chat if you have any questions during the episode also

You can check Michaels submission for our recent 'Deluge Dozen' challenge below.

EPISODE 1
6th 17:00 (PDT), 20:00 (EDT)
7th 01:00 (BST), 02:00 (CEST), 10:00 (AEST), 12:00 (NZT)

Repeat airing
12th 11:30 (PDT) 14:30 (EDT), 19:30 (BST), 20:30 (CEST)
13th 04:30 (AEST), 06:30 (NZT)

EPISODE 2
27th 11:30 (PDT), 14:30 (EDT), 19:30 (BST), 20:30 (CEST)
28th 04:30 (AEST), 06:30 (NZT)

Repeat airing
30th 16:00 (PDT), 19:00 (EDT)
1st (July) 00:00 (BST), 01:00 (CEST), 09:00 (AEST), 11:00 (NZT)

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesBeta Tester Posts: 6

haven't dived into arranger mode much, helped clear some things for me. the wet-only reverb signal trick is great to know about as well. thanks 4 sharing bulaw/too mere

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 282

@reza said:
    haven't dived into arranger mode much, helped clear some things for me. the wet-only reverb signal trick is great to know about as well. thanks 4 sharing bulaw/too mere

Thanks for watching! :)

Episode 2!

Deluge like Bulaw. Episode 2 (30 mins)
    Get some tips, hacks and next-level workflow ideas from Deluge master Michael J. Bulaw.

27th 11:30 (PDT), 14:30 (EDT), 19:30 (BST), 20:30 (CEST)
    28th 04:30 (AEST), 06:30 (NZT)

Repeat airing
    30th 16:00 (PDT), 19:00 (EDT)
    1st (July) 00:00 (BST), 01:00 (CEST), 09:00 (AEST), 11:00 (NZT)

edited June 27

Here's the patch I created at the end of Ep 2. It's a collect all save, so unzip then place both the xml file and the Vox Synth folder into your SONGS folder. Then load the song to check out the patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gz6FYFwimA7zzdAeeIjYhtbfe29wyVKb/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by Too_Mere on
    hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 108
    edited June 28

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it here too: the approach to the arranger/song combo was eye-opening. You're making arranger more playable.

It made me sit down and play until about 1:30 AM last night. You owe me two hours of sleep!

Seriously, folks, if you missed this, check it out next airing.

Post edited by hexagon5un on
    TenchiTenchi London Beta Tester Posts: 4

Thanks for that, it was great. Saw a lot that could be very helpful but I'm not up to that stage yet. It would be very handy to be able to access these in the future

mopocomopoco EuropePosts: 3

please, make these incredible hacks permanently available! with kids and work and life and stuff i'm just not able to sit down and digest by trying it out directly on my unit at any time. i love synthstrom tv as a radio station but i think it's not suitable as a tutorial/hacks heap...just my 2p. carry on!

@hexagon5un said:
    It made me sit down and play until about 1:30 AM last night. You owe me two hours of sleep!

Seriously, folks, if you missed this, check it out next airing.

I’m unfortunately short on extra sleep atm lol.
    But thanks! Happy to hear you got inspired :)

blindcinemablindcinema Posts: 9

Will this air again? I missed the second half.

tonyrickerbytonyrickerby south ,pennines ukBeta Tester Posts: 9

I saw part 1,i need to see it a dozen times to take in all the info.
    missed part two
    am hoping it all gets archived,it's deluge gold

While Michaels arm heals we'll be replaying episodes 1 and 2 in July. Episodes 3 & 4 should be August.

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 32

Today I carefully started up a browser window to Synthstrom.TV, carefully rewound to "Deluge Like Bulaw, Episode 1", and watched it all. Amazing Content, but too much content for me to remember the workflow, so I rewound again, and left the browser window open so I could come back to it tonight.

Tonight I am watching the video 15 seconds at a time, rewinding, and documenting the steps in the Workflow - even doing the steps on my Deluge! Awesome!, and then just as I begin working through "Reverse Reverb", the browser crashes. And now I can't rewind, because the episode was shown more than 12 hours ago. So I don't know how to finish the process of Reverse Reverb

OMG I want to smash my computer!

Dear @Ian_Jorgensen, please play episode 1 again!

@DaEmbassy Thanks for watching! Sorry you missed the last part. Here’s the basic steps for making reverse reverb. Let me know if there’s any questions or specific steps you need help with.

1. Put source audio into a kit sound and reverse it.
    2. Crank reverb amount and increase room size. Make 100% wet by using affect entire kit filter to eliminate dry sound.
    3. Resample
    4. Reverse the resample and line up with original.
    DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 32

Thank You, @Too_Mere for your videos, and for responding.

So I have sampled myself saying a "Reverse Reverb", copied that clip to a new clip, reversed the second clip, and applied reverb and increased room size on the second clip.

I didn't get to write down how to eliminate the dry recording from the second clip.
    I didn't get to write down how to match up the second clip with the first clip

I would happily take dictation from you to document the steps, but that's not easy given our timezones. Any help you can give me, I greatly appreciate.

It's my watching Mentors like you in action, and documenting the step-by-step actions, that I am learning the Workflow.

Cheers,

Michael

edited July 14

@DaEmbassy Glad you’re getting value from it :)

To get 100% wet reverb the audio needs to be placed into a kit. Reverb for that row all the way up and affect entire kit filter cutoff all the way down. And resample that.

I’ve given lessons to people in many different time zones. Feel free to direct message me if you’re interested.

Post edited by Too_Mere on
    jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyPosts: 39

I also find the concept of this 24/7 station kind of odd and to be honest not very user-friendly. I needed to hunt down the excellent Deluge like Bulaw episodes like a VHS tape only to catch it when I thought I missed them and reruns (are we really in 1985?) wouldnt come on for a longer time.

Not 2021 and just plain weird / strange.

Why not put up these very good videos on a normal yt page like you would expect it, why be different in an area that does not make any sense?

In any case: thank you for the excellent tips and tricks. I learned a lot.

@Too_Mere @Ian_Jorgensen

rezareza los angelesBeta Tester Posts: 6

i have to agree. i think after specific programming content created for synthstromTV has premiered they should get uploaded as individual videos. perhaps it's a different youtube channel (synthstromTV vs Synthstrom Audible)...or maybe not!

edited July 28

The two purposes of Synthstrom TV is to get our community chatting and engaging with each other and for everyone to watch others' content and support it. The content we make and host on the channel is meant solely as a way of drawing people to the channel so they stick around and watch user videos and to have peeps chat and make networks.
    There are plenty of tutorial videos online, 100's to wade through, as well as these forums where people can also discuss ideas and hacks. The TV station is our kinda weak covid desperate replacement replacing our ability to host live events around the world and have users hang in person. It's not about the content itself, its about bringing people together, if we host the content on our YT channel too soon after it's aired we lose the energy and purpose of the channel and are just like any other synth manufacturer.

The experience of watching with others and chatting and being part of a community is what I am aiming for, haha, I know that will be weird and bug people, but we're a weird company, we do things differently, and I totally understand that it will make lots of people grumps...but for those who make the effort where they can to hang out live, some of these streaming events are really beautiful and remind me how much this community rules.

haha, sorry its been offline for a few days...been on holiday for a week and just got back home, OBS crashed at some point...will be streaming again from later tonight.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on