Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Looking for good String Sample Packs...

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

just heard the Ableton String Samples that are included and they are great...anybody knows where I can get good ones for Deluge?

Post edited by Eddy on

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

JRatronJRatron United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13
    edited September 2019

For Violins, I just downloaded this and it's sounding good :) stereo samples of individual notes with 1 shot and loop versions and it's free :)
    https://embertone.com/freebies/intstrings-lite.php

Post edited by JRatron on

@JRatron said:
    For Violins, I just downloaded this and it's sounding good :) stereo samples of individual notes with 1 shot and loop versions and it's free :)

Thx a lot for this: I´ve tried a new synth with this (divided the loops from the samples first) but the Deluge hangs up when I try to load the samples: Seems that 676 Files with 285MB is a little bit too much for the multisampling engine

JRatronJRatron United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

@Eddy said:

@JRatron said:

Thx a lot for this: I´ve tried a new synth with this (divided the loops from the samples first) but the Deluge hangs up when I try to load the samples: Seems that 676 Files with 285MB is a little bit too much for the multisampling engine

Have you split them up? it's probably hanging because there's like 4 files for each note. Sorry, should have been more explicit. There's stuff which you might not find helpful and as it comes out of the zip, all files are just smushed together in a single directory.
    So if you take all the ones which are called like 'sus_xxxx_LOOP.wav' (42 of those) and put those into a separate folder, and take all the ones which are like 'sus_xxxx.wav' (without the LOOP - 40 of those) and put those into a different separate folder, it should work just fine. The LOOP ones are good for long held notes and the other sus ones for shorter ones. Does that make sense? I'd re-host the new directories I've made, but although its free, it's not my content to share around....
    Let me know how you get on, it's sounding good here with the release turned up and a bit of attack and reverb :)

Thx for your help, now I´ve split it up in 4 folders: Leg_up, Leg_down, Loops and Sus.
    Loops and Sus work fine but Leg_up and Leg_down seems to be meant for other musical purposes.