Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Compressor

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@mcpepe said:

@cypher79 said:

@mcpepe said:
    This is the second most voted feature request. Lets hope it will be present with the upcoming new 2,1 firmware!

Would be awesome, but I just can't see it happening as there's been no mention at all about a compressor, plus there's no pad shortcut for one.

I reckon this update seems all about samples. (which is nothing bad at all) We just have to be patient, and maybe in another update we will get the compresor.

I dont see a problem for integrating a new fx.

• no pad shortcut: Synthstrom planned ahead for this with replaceable overlays (20$ if i remember correctly)
    • compressor could be accessed via a push button function. Like press button on the Custom 2-3 knobs could let us access more fx.
    robleighton22robleighton22 MelbournePosts: 27

Agree!

ChrisfreeqChrisfreeq NorwayPosts: 25

+1

poldensteinpoldenstein italyBeta Tester Posts: 43

+1

CassidySCassidyS United StatesPosts: 4

+1

yundtyundt JapanPosts: 2

+1

xapxap USBeta Tester Posts: 17

I'd love to see this too, but it's such an obvious feature that I have to think there's a reason it hasn't been included. Maybe it's too CPU-intensive?

amadeusrexamadeusrex United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 8

+1

eliaselias Posts: 9

+1

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

Yes, a compressor should be present in such a complex and clever box like Deluge :) Clip level and master compressor could be useful.

OllieOllie SeattlePosts: 14

Hey, I think this thread shows that many users would like this feature and I second that. However, I think the challenge of this feature is how it could be implemented. As someone pointed out, having it available on one or more of the Custom Parameter menus would be convenient and logical. It would be nice to be able to apply it to individual samples in a kit, to a synth instrument, to instrument tracks/rows in both Arranger View and Song View. In terms of basic parameters in the compressor which would be most useful to have, I think ratio, threshold, and makeup gain would be a minimum. If we could get attack and release, those would be nice to have. I haven't mapped out how these parameters could be assigned to knobs, but it would be ideal to have assigned parameter knobs for the primary parameters and maybe push and turn the knobs for secondary parameters. I suppose it would be possible to control a compressor via menu / select knob, but that would be a cumbersome workflow. Thanks.

@Ollie said:
    Hey, I think this thread shows that many users would like this feature and I second that. However, I think the challenge of this feature is how it could be implemented. As someone pointed out, having it available on one or more of the Custom Parameter menus would be convenient and logical. It would be nice to be able to apply it to individual samples in a kit, to a synth instrument, to instrument tracks/rows in both Arranger View and Song View. In terms of basic parameters in the compressor which would be most useful to have, I think ratio, threshold, and makeup gain would be a minimum. If we could get attack and release, those would be nice to have. I haven't mapped out how these parameters could be assigned to knobs, but it would be ideal to have assigned parameter knobs for the primary parameters and maybe push and turn the knobs for secondary parameters. I suppose it would be possible to control a compressor via menu / select knob, but that would be a cumbersome workflow. Thanks.

good summary and good point about the challenge of actual controls.

i d go for compressor/dynamics processor as secondary and third params to volume and pan. similar to the 3 filters and eq pages.
    of course i d fancy a compressor per instrument too, not only as master effect like Stutter.
    compressor is just such a useful tool.

OllieOllie SeattlePosts: 14

@amiga909 said:

@Ollie said:

good summary and good point about the challenge of actual controls.

i d go for compressor/dynamics processor as secondary and third params to volume and pan. similar to the 3 filters and eq pages.
    of course i d fancy a compressor per instrument too, not only as master effect like Stutter.
    compressor is just such a useful tool.

I agree 100%. This would be a great feature to have.

supchikovsupchikov Beta Tester Posts: 20

+1!

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 24

+1

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

+1 A compressor would be very helpful B)

VincentLVincentL FrancePosts: 9

+1

Adding a compressor would be very nice !

arechferarechfer Almeria-SpainPosts: 1

+1
    We need a compressor to crank the drums

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

+1

yes true a simple compressor and or a limiter to the master vould be awesome! just a fast way to stop unwanted clipping...

assbrassassbrass 대한민국Posts: 1

Compressor makes a very interesting sound in music these days.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a master or bus compressor?

spathmicspathmic AustriaPosts: 2

+1
    would be really nice:D
    even if it is just on the master bus :)

yeah, dont know why this isnt already there, i hope it is considered.
    i love the refreshingly new take of the sidechain compressor and the crazy things i can do. it is rather a note gated step modulator imho, not a conventional compressor with an audio envelope follower. it doesnt matter which sound is picked for sidechain send, only the notes matter.
    i reckon every sampler needs a compressor and likely some other dynamics effects (limiter, noise gate, maximizer, ducker, expander, ..).

alphaminusalphaminus United StatesPosts: 44

I'm currently using a RNC 1773 on the master output to glue my sound for live performance, but an internal compressor would be amazing

FabiFabi ItalyPosts: 14

+1

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

After watching this video I would vote for a clipper. Maybe it is as well less CPU consuming.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31

Currently using Alesis 3630 to give it some glue. Compressor on the master section would be awesome 🙌

ModulatiaModulatia United StatesPosts: 4

I don't mind sending the full mix through an external compressor, but having an internal compressor for drum kits would be great.

noisycomputernoisycomputer Beta Tester Posts: 5

big +1 here. for my workflow a compressor is the only thing that is really missing

ModulatiaModulatia United StatesPosts: 4

Have the devs made any comment about this feature? Specifically compression for the whole drum kit. It would be nice to know if they have made a decision about adding it or not.