Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sum stereo channels of sample to make it mono

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

I can imagine a switch to let Deluge play back a sample by summing the channels.

If it's not possible I see a workaround. Extend sources of recording (sampling) with two input options:

• In-sum (to immediately sample line or mic input with summed channels)
  • Out-sum (to re-sample existing stereo sample as mono).
Post edited by rudolphrapid on

Comments

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Not sure but you might be able to do this if you re sample while the speaker is playing.

edited August 2019

@rcz said:
    Not sure but you might be able to do this if you re sample while the speaker is playing.

@rcz I got the sarcasm here :D So you find the idea silly, right?

Post edited by rudolphrapid on
    rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

@rudolphrapid said:

@rcz said:

@rcz I got the sarcasm here :D So you find the idea silly, right?

I remember trying to resample once while the output jacks were unplugged and the internal speaker was running and it made the file mono. I think i tried it again and it didn't work though so I thought you might be able to find this workaround for now. I agree with your suggestion, throw in just left, right and normalize too.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

in 3.0 there are more recording options, like left, right, mono/stereo input, mix, ..
    but there is no way afaik to record to a mono wav file.
    btw, deluge does always normalize recordings, rcz

@amiga909 said:
    but there is no way afaik to record to a mono wav file.

I don't care if the file itself remains stereo. Just let it sum the channels :)