Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Assign Midi Knobs to master effects (Filter, Reverb, etc...) + whole kit parameters (affect entire)

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

I couldn't assign midi knobs to the master effects. I'd get the "can't" on the screen. Maybe there's a way around this reckon it's not possible. I was also having getting volume and filter to apply to a whole drum kit - although it is possible to map the same knob to every individual cutoff frequency for every sound in the kit, it kind of defeats the purpose of having an "affect entire" function. Maybe there's something I'm not getting...

Comments

I encountered tha same issue. That would be really nice to be able to link affect entire parameters on song level and on synth level. +1

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

totally in for this, recently popped up as a question http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/9518#Comment_9518

cant see yet how it should work in the UI. dont know what u mean with ‘cant’ message on master effects. if i am not mistaken ‘cant’ is shown for synth/kit row params that cant be learned like arp mode or saturation.
    currently to midi learn a param, sound edit mode has to be entered. sound edit mode is entered when u can change the value with the Select knob. for master effects there is no sound edit mode, if I press the Select knob nothing happens in Song and Arranger mode.

totally supporting this thread but the scope is too narrow for me. as hurdygurdy said the request should also target affect-entire effect chains in kit mode.
    question for me is if and how affect-entire effect chains (global and kit) should be accessible via sound edit mode?
    now u can enter edit mode by pressing the Select knob or via pad shortcut with Shift.

long term i believe to have a sound edit mode for affect-entire effects would be better. for stuff like

on the other hand stuff like multiple pad shortcut systems per mode (Song, Track) and global LFOs could be complexity overkill.

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

@amiga909 said:
    totally supporting this thread but the scope is too narrow for me. as hurdygurdy said the request should also target affect-entire effect chains in kit mode.

on the other hand stuff like multiple pad shortcut systems per mode (Song, Track) and global LFOs could be complexity overkill.

I think your observations are spot on concerning the scope being to narrow @amiga909 . I've already brought up the issue about more extensive midi support, but realised that it is a vast theme that will ultimately define the potential of the machine in complex riggs. It's a big conversation - it's a big thread ;) That's why I'm opting for more modest/reasonable suggestions ;)

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

thanks jurgis, yeah, had upvoted from the beginning, sorry if i got busy too much with implementation details and future implications. i'd love to see more attention for this suggestion. thanks for your adjustments in the thread title.

details:
    a way to implement this could be to leave pad shortcuts aside for affect-entire effects but to allow to access all params via Sound edit mode: pushing Select knob in Song or Arranger mode doesnt do anything yet. then the same midi-learn methodology could be applied to affect-entire-chains.