Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Probabilistic CC for velocity etc... possible?

esc746esc746 IrelandPosts: 12

Pre-purchase question... I can see in the manual where the random note functions are discussed. It's great this can be used for an individual note's probability, or to select between several notes randomly.

It's not clear to me if similar features exist for sequence values other than MIDI note. I would most like to randomise velocities within a certain range. Similarly for note length, or some other MIDI parameter. Is this possible?

Or can it be done some other way? Can you set a multi-bar LFO to alter a CC value?

These sorts of humanising features are a high priority for me.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

no, probability can only be used on note trigs, not for param automation or CC.

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73
    edited May 2019

Oscillator Volume can be randomized to create pseudo velocity-randomization when using the internal sound engine (OSC Volume>Random), but it's not sent over MIDI.
    Similarly, the Envelope Release can be randomized to create a quasi randomized note length on internal sounds too (Envelope Release>Random), which adds a bit of humanizing.

No randomizing of MIDI CC or sequencer data though, sadly.

Post edited by llexam on

Am coming back to this now... it's pretty well the one feature that would seal a purchase for me. Not sure how I suggest it.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@esc746 said:
    Am coming back to this now... it's pretty well the one feature that would seal a purchase for me. Not sure how I suggest it.

u can just write a new suggestion thread.

one way to get there, a way to see recorded parameter automation in the grid is preliminary imho.
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/899/step-automation-view-automation-drawing-track-long-envelope-drawing

surely many ways are possible for this feature, i also like
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/419/midi-cc-patching-lfo-env#latest

for now, if u really love the Deluge and u need this feature, u could hook up a note to cc converter like midipal. the note probability and repeat functions are really slick, i like them. would translate wonderfully to params and midi cc.

OK, thanks. I added a thread to the Suggestions forum.