Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Workflow

Topper_HarleyTopper_Harley United KingdomPosts: 4

Newborn here looking for workflow tips
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Topper Harley

Comments

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

First off, learn the shortcuts on the grid (look at the tiny font between the pads). Most of the functions can be accessed and modified by pressing shift and pressing somewhere on the grid. You can also "route" mod sources to different parameters using the grid - shift click the pad that corresponds to the LPF cutoff (middle top row) and it will flash, then shift click the LFO 1 pad (near the upper right quadrant of the grid). You will then be able to adjust the dept of the LFO modulation hits the LPF frequency.

I recommend watching Ron Cavagnarro's videos on youtube. He hits almost all the features and does a good job showing how to use the deluge in different ways.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

You looking for hot shots? ;)

I learned a lot with the youtube tutorials how some are organizing their workflow. Did you check it already?

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

One tip if you have a stable external controller setup is to save a template song with controls learned to whatever you want your standard setup to be. Song 999 is a handy slot for this.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

one starter tip: plan your sample library and add samples thinking about how it will look in the Deluge file browser.
    the 4 letter display punishes heavily nested and unsorted sample folders.
    we can collect&save samples since a while, so it is not hard to rebuild a sample library when SD card space is used. but navigating with a 4 letter display is still a big challenge imho. to keep the sample folder structure as simple as possible is important for me.

Topper_HarleyTopper_Harley United KingdomPosts: 4

thanks guys
    Daddy Long Les has a fantastic youtube vid for beginners.