Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Monitor external sound source

Just_Peter118Just_Peter118 The NetherlandsPosts: 42

Sorry for the noob question. But, how can I monitor a external sound source(i.e. PC/Synth) from the Line-in?

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

edited July 2019

Thanks Ian, but I just want to monitor/listen to the incoming external sound, like some music or another sound, so just the external sound passing through. I read that there is also a way in the current beta to quickly set an arranger track to have monitoring permanently on. Can you tell me how to do this?

Post edited by Just_Peter118 on

Yes, that's right, in the coming 3.0 software, line-in monitoring is easier. That is not currently implemented though and in beta testing. When released there will be instructions explaining how to do so. Not long now. Until then, you can still use the technique in the video above to achieve exactly the same result, it's just a process with a few more steps.

It's not in the 3.0 b3?

Yip. If you're in the beta testers group, just follow Rohan's instructions or watch Ron's videos to see how to monitor incoming audio.