Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Instant Waveform Edit & Parameter changes with audition pads

GallyGally SeattlePosts: 8

It would be great if when in waveform editing view, the displayed waveform jumped to which ever pad you pushed last. This would make chopping and editing samples incredibly faster. Currently you have to back out of the waveform edit, select the next pad, then jump back into waveform edit again to edit the next one.

Example: load song/recording into kit and slice to 32 samples. Press first pad, set start point. Press second pad, set start point. Press third pad set start point. Etc.

I hope this all makes sense.

Post edited by Gally on

Comments

I gotta say im a bit disappointed there aren't more people backing this. Are deluge users just not into sampling or did i miss some kind of shortcut? With the addition of waveform editing i thought this thing became a powerhouse in sampling capability. Coming from the MPC Series, the deluge can easily be a contender in that regard. I understand people may say that it isnt intended to be an mpc contender, and i get that, but this request is a very small software edit which greatly improves productivity. No one else has run into the issue of editing a sample, then having to back out, select the next sample audition pad, and go back in to wave editor?

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

I support this proposal 100%

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

+1 I want this functionality when editing any parameter! Also you should be able to use the Start and End shortcuts to jump to the start/end markers in waveform view. Scrolling now takes too long.

Good point! When in any parameter setting (including waveform view) pushing the audition pad for another sample should automatically change to editing for that pad. Start/end shortcuts would definitely be a plus.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah, good idea, did a thread long ago, really should be possible at least in slicer mode. i d love to see a top rated request for this.
    gally, u might want to try renaming this thread, the title is too vague, maybe catches on better.

maartenmaarten AmsterdamPosts: 12

+1

omgfoadomgfoad StockholmPosts: 8

+1 Instant workflow enhancer!

hurdygurdyhurdygurdy Posts: 37

+1 great suggestion.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

oh yes please, workflow salvation 😀