Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Transposing only parts of a track

Since recording of transpose information via UP/DOWN + Record isn't possible it would be a very helpful feature if it would be possible just to transpose parts of a track instead the whole one. Can't find anything in the manual so I think it isn't possible?

Comments

drGrovdrGrov Hampshire, UKBeta Tester Posts: 14

There is a way to manually transpose parts of a pattern using copy + paste. First you need to scroll / zoom the display so the Deluge is showing the part of the pattern you want to transpose. Then it's a simple case of copy, scroll up / down the required number of steps and then paste.

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

That was the first I've tried. After pasting it back into the original track it wasn't anymore what I had copied.

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

To be honest - the copy/paste methode is very uncomfortable, especially when you have to do lots of ups and downs. I recorded the realtime transposition into Logic and then played it back to the Deluge. 5 Minutes.

It would be a very helpful feature if the realtime transpose can be recorded in the same way as automation parameters.

koolykooly AustraliaPosts: 5

yep its a bummer not being able to record transpose in real time..how i achieve the same result is to either load your sound into a new synth track then record in real time via the keyboard / scale mode...or simply hold down each note in your pattern and use the vertical knob up and down placing each note on its new pitched position...