Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multisample auto-detect algo overriding file names?

Hello,
I've got a complete multisample pack of a beautiful pipe organ that doesn't seem to be assigning properly.
At first I thought it was the file names but then conformed them as simply as possible and it still doubles some samples next to each other and repeats octaves and such.
Could it be that the auto-detect algorithm is getting confused by all the crazy harmonics present in the samples and overriding the file names?
Has anyone else seen this behavior?
-d

Comments

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

If I understood the manual correctly, rootkey tags (embedded in the sample file) are rated higher than the result of the automatic pitch detection. So it is always recommended to set proper rootkey tags. On Windows, you can do this with the freeware Endless WAV (even as a batch process). On the Mac, I don't know of any tool that can set this tag.

Great. Found that the samples had tags but they were wonky and off a few octaves in some cases. Endless WAV fixed that right up. Thanks for the pointer.

AkenAken MontrealPosts: 31

Hello, I did that ("G#3" style file names + rootkey tag with Endless) on drum samples and it wont work I don't know why. If the algorithm correctly overrode the pitch detection by reading the tags first, it should load each drum sound separately on their corresponding pad/pitch. Unfortunately, it only load 1 sample (the one I select) and spreads it all over the keyboard

AkenAken MontrealPosts: 31

Answer was provided by Clarissa Vincent on Facebook: "New Synth, choose Type Samples, Choose Browse, find folder, load new sample - Up & Down, long press and click Multi. Samples should be spread over each note."