Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

patterns and banks

030030 SO36Posts: 16

cheers forum,
having the Deluge for just about 3 days i already have explored a heap, still i- for the love of music- can not figure out Deluge‘s structure concerning patterns, pattern-chaining e.t.c., e.t.c.
until now i was used to having a pattern-based sequencer (yamaha rs7k, elektron md+mm, spectralis) where i ceated a pattern on pattern 1, bank A (then pattern 2, bank A), lastly song mode to choose from the premade patterns of any bank.
also i can‘t find any hints in the manual about, i must have missed something...

where is pattern b,c,d,e,f,g,h in the deluge structure?
can someone please at least point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

Comments

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61

Take a look at arrange mode. The paradigm is a bit different to what you are used to, but powerful in its own way.

thanks for the hint!

i found it (arrange mode) indeed, although i ran into another problem...
    ...after having programmed like 16 measures, the machine doesn´t let me advance anymore (white steps no matter what), but i´m gonna crack this nut soon anyway...
    ...RTFM, i know- LOL.
    actually i always used to read the manuals of my machines, somehow this time i thought intuition will do the trick, but it won´t with the Deluge.

besides my "Deluge-Noob-issues" i am truly fascinated by this unit so far.

cheers

exploring the Deluge´s Arranger Mode, clicking in slowly...

edited June 2019

found this video which explains Arranger Mode en Detail

jawdropping to learn what the Arranger Mode really can do.

Post edited by 030 on