Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

NRPN

I would like to be able to control nrpn messages. My Korg ER 1 needs it. Thx! ;)

Comments

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Same here, for Novation Peak there are many parameters only accessible via NRPN

And Moog Sub37

Since the Sub 37 has over 150 parameters saved with each sound, it is not possible to assign a standard MIDI CC to every parameter. For complete MIDI output from every panel knob and button, you will need to set the KNB NRPN/CC parameter to NRPN mode.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah, would be nice to have. if Deluge aims to shine as midi a hardware setup we should have shareable midi presets too.
    or use something like midipal or BomeBox https://www.bome.com/support/kb/creating-program-for-cc-to-nrpn-translation

nomiliannomilian BerlinBeta Tester Posts: 5
    edited September 2018

GOGOGO NRPN =)
    The Xenophone needs NRPN, because its variables have mostly higher resolution (12bit) compared to the low resolution of midi cc (7bit).
    The Rytm and other synths benefit from it greatly, because there is just so much to control (>127), which cant be configured with midi cc.
    I hope its not the biggest problem to implement, but I think as a modern multipurpose sequencer its a must have!

Post edited by nomilian on
    VoltVolt Posts: 55

NRPN would be very helpful for many hardware synths,

KillertomatoKillertomato berlinBeta Tester Posts: 12

Yeah. I also have the peak and just found out that I can't make use of several controls because of this

cwhileycwhiley Witcherville, ARPosts: 3
    edited April 2019

Same here. I need need need need this. My Novation Peak has the same issue you guys are encountering. Many controls are only accessible via NRPN. I'd prefer to be able to at least record the values incoming over MIDI from synth knob transmit but you might as well allow the values to be entered manually via gold knob configuration. It's just a pair of values...seems relatively simple to implement.

The improved resolution provided my NRPN is another reason to support this. I have three synthesizers that would be better served by this adoption. DSI Prophet 08, Novation Peak, and Novation Supernova. There are MANY others on the market.

I don't have a lot of hope of this being implemented. It seems these types of requests don't garner the attention of internal changes to the synth/sample engine and it's frustrating.

Post edited by cwhiley on
    cwhileycwhiley Witcherville, ARPosts: 3

For the love of Pete, please.

jipumarinojipumarino CaliforniaPosts: 21

Adding myself to the list of interested in this feature

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

in the superbooth 19 video Ian mentioned midi presets are in the works and will come to 3.0 and 3.1. would not make much sense for me if midi presets were restricted to 16 CCs, i rather want to define all CCs in a preset file on the computer and then on the Deluge pick 1-16 of them in a track. then NRPN or even Sysex messages could be defined in the preset file via computer text editor too, no need to offer an internal editor imho.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

@amiga909 said:
    in the superbooth 19 video Ian mentioned midi presets are in the works and will come to 3.0 and 3.1. would not make much sense for me if midi presets were restricted to 16 CCs, i rather want to define all CCs in a preset file on the computer and then on the Deluge pick 1-16 of them in a track. then NRPN or even Sysex messages could be defined in the preset file via computer text editor too, no need to offer an internal editor imho.

I thought he meant just the midi outputs. Cool idea.

Would love to see these kinds of upgrades on midi in too. Would be great to be able to have midi templates for songs and kits. The deluge should be able to learn and select NRPN and all kinds of midi messages automatically. Currently we can only use notes and cc, midi is stored per song and its kind of spotty so a file based system would be wonderful. Especially with the alphanumeric names it should be easy to use, maybe use the context menu on save/load? would be great to have files at kit/synth and song levels.

Rather than a full blown editor i would just like to see file access with the usb port, should be way easier to implement. Midi files can be saved as xml and managed file editors until any software happens.

What I really want to see though is Midi 2.0 support when it comes out.

goodweathergoodweather BelgiquePosts: 1

If SynthsStrom is implementing NRPN + sysex I can directly write an editor/librarian as I did for other synths ;-)