Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Synced Sampling

I see in the manual that when resampling you can sync the start and stop of the recording....
Does the same command/ shortcut apply when sampling from an external source? Or is there something similar?

I want to sample the hardware I am sequencing with the Deluge and have the new sample be perfectly truncated/ loop length.

Thanks

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

You can use the line in to resample, just set a new kit with line in as the wave type, lay out a full 16 step note so that you can hear the external source, then use the resampling function as usual, you might want to mute and internal Deluge tracks to avoid sampling them also.

j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

I am not having any luck with this.
    Am I missing something?
    Every time I try and resample, it it not sampling from the line in, just the internal sounds.
    Then I though I was because I forgot to mute all the other parts as you mentioned above, but still no luck.

Any thoughts as to what I am overlooking?

RblanchRblanch USAPosts: 4

You need to create a new synth or kit, assigning osc1 type to be "inL", "inr", or "inLr". Then when you press the corresponding audition pad you should hear your external source.

If that worked, use the sequencer to program that pad at the tempo and length you want to record. Press "play+record" twice to start and stop both playback and recording simultaneously.

j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

@Rblanch said:
    You need to create a new synth or kit, assigning osc1 type to be "inL", "inr", or "inLr". Then when you press the corresponding audition pad you should hear your external source.

If that worked, use the sequencer to program that pad at the tempo and length you want to record. Press "play+record" twice to start and stop both playback and recording simultaneously.

Thanks so much!
    Not sure what I was doing wrong to be honest. But I tried it again from scratch following you instructions and got it! Much appreciated...... now for this click/pop due to it not being at a zerocrossing. :'(