Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sampling and Cuing

julianbremannjulianbremann United StatesPosts: 3

Hey,
I'm interested in getting a Deluge to use mainly as live performance unit. So wanted to ask if it's possible to do couple things with it:

Load in and launch loops, like on ableton live, either in groups or separately and would they stay in tempo if it changes or would i have to stick with tempo set by the pre-made loop? Would it be possible to launch loops that have different length (some that are 4 bars and others that are 5 or 7 bars)?

Is it possible to cue tracks, like in a dj setup, in other words, if i have buncha tracks playing then i want to audition another track in headphones to adjust parameters and everything else, before i send it to the live mix?

Thanks!

Comments

iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39
    edited April 2019

@julianbremann said:
    Load in and launch loops, like on ableton live, either in groups or separately and would they stay in tempo if it changes or would i have to stick with tempo set by the pre-made loop? Would it be possible to launch loops that have different length (some that are 4 bars and others that are 5 or 7 bars)?

Yes. The groups are called "sections" here. To get a good idea of what you can and can't do with them, have a look at the manual (search for "song sections").

Yes, loops can have different lengths, no problem, and they will all stay in time with the global tempo. This even works with pure audio loops or song stems, as the Deluge can time-stretch audio without affecting pitch, same as ableton. You can even choose between two stretching algorithms.

@julianbremann said:
    Is it possible to cue tracks, like in a dj setup, in other words, if i have buncha tracks playing then i want to audition another track in headphones to adjust parameters and everything else, before i send it to the live mix?

You can do this if you're fine with everything being mono. If you pan everything hard left, you can use the right channel for cueing and then use the pan controls to bring in tracks (either separately or all at once using "Affect entire") to the main mix.
    Stereo cueing via the headphone out is not supported.

Post edited by iFreilicht on