Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Pictorial Community User Guide

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited April 2019 in Deluge Support Content

A simple pictorial guide put together by Jon Hutton that explains all key functionality of the Deluge better than we ever could.
The guide gets updated with each new software update too.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Looks great! Well done and thanks to Jon Hutton!

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

Just what I need. Thanks john

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

This is great. Many thanks!

How do we contribute? There are a couple of mistakes and omissions.

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

whaou , thanks a lot !!!

fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 36

Cool idea and realization! Thanks!

ChandrojiChandroji Berlin / GermanyPosts: 9

That’s a great resource helping understanding the Deluge!
    Thanks a lot for your work Jon Hutton! 👍

JonHJonH United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

Just a quick note - am the author of the guide and just created this new account on the forums to help with ongoing support of it. I didn't even realise Ian had created this thread until I saw it this week but this is the best place for it to live and for updates to be posted. I will see if Ian can make me a Sticky Comment to go at the top of this thread then can edit with latest version to download, information on updates, corrections, etc. Also will post the source files from draw.io so it can live on if I get hit by a bus (hopefully unlikely) or I end up selling my Deluge (close to impossible).

In the meantime, please post in this thread with any errors that need fixing, missing commands or other recommendations. Or can DM me instead if prefer. If anyone would like to actively contribute to updating the guide let me know too - I didn't call it the Community Guide for nothing. Also would like to get the new v3.0 stuff in there close to launch and looking like there will be a lot to add, luckily for us :smile:

@Ian_Jorgensen - As per comment please can you make this comment Sticky to go at the top of this Thread, then I can edit as needed. Cheers, Jon

@JonH said:
    @Ian_Jorgensen - As per comment please can you make this comment Sticky to go at the top of this Thread, then I can edit as needed. Cheers, Jon

Sorry Jon, I can only make threads sticky, not comments within threads. If you email me whenever you've done updates etc, I'll just pop that detail in the first post.

ooijjooijj BerlinPosts: 21

Thank you @JonH !

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Thank you John, nice work!

Taken a while to get round to (broken Deluge + busy job!) but here's the updated CUG (DRAFT) for Version 3.0

The original idea was to try and capture all button pressing & knob twiddling combos - plus a few other useful bits of info. Not trying to cover all items in the manual.

Am sure a few commands are wrong, no longer valid (have tried to remove and update old ones where possible) or missing. Please drop me a message here or on facebook "Deluge Users" Group with the command reference (eg, WF03) and I'll try and get it fixed up.

I am happy to share source files from draw.io (free web-based tool) if people want them. I'll add another post here once out of draft but URL link below will remain the same I hope.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwx9mq6xuh7qcst/Community User Guide 3.0 DRAFT.pdf?dl=0

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

This is awesome!!! Thanks

SammySammy DurnessPosts: 10

Wow, thats a great guide there Jon, thank you!

DocPDocP FrancePosts: 2

Thank you for that great job!

JimboJimbo Portland, ORPosts: 10

Thank you very much! Us visual learners appreciate this.

Taken a while due to other commitments but version 3.0 now out of draft and ready for release. A dozen or so corrections/clarifications since the draft version and a few new items added too for Parameters, FM ratios and more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmajdnvspd1oj1u/Community User Guide 3.0.pdf?dl=0

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

Awesome, thank you so much! Really appreciated.

Joko5000Joko5000 BerlinPosts: 1

Thanks so much!

raskjaerboraskjaerbo Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 1

@JonH said:
    Taken a while due to other commitments but version 3.0 now out of draft and ready for release. A dozen or so corrections/clarifications since the draft version and a few new items added too for Parameters, FM ratios and more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmajdnvspd1oj1u/Community User Guide 3.0.pdf?dl=0

Amazing, thanks!

IkloosharIklooshar Uk norfolkBeta Tester Posts: 10

This is pure gold - picked up a Deluge and this is a fantastic resource thank you so much! Really enjoying the workflow Wish there was something like this for the Octatrack!

RajceRajce Moravia Bohemia OstrauPosts: 5

Best !
    thanks to Jon Hutton
    It should also be on the sd card

Rcon303Rcon303 nh usaPosts: 9

Awesome work . Pro to g this psf and keep it next to my deluge. Thanks !!

@Rajce said:
    Best !
    thanks to Jon Hutton
    It should also be on the sd card

It is, though at the back of the manual rather than as a separate file.

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

This is very useful. Wait for version 4.