Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB power (5v) vs DC power (9v-12v) performance differences?

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51
edited April 2019 in General Discussion

Hi there,

I'm assuming the USB connection to a laptop or USB charger uses 5v, but the adapter can be 9v-12v.

Two questions:

1. Does using the power adapter (as opposed to USB power) offer any performance increase?
  2. Can someone please direct me to a suitable (centre-negative) adapter for Deluge on Amazon or some other online shop?

Edit: found this- https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Reversible-Polarity-Positive-Transformer/dp/B01LBX8D58/ref=sr_1_23?keywords=9-12+v+adapter&qid=1555329488&s=gateway&sr=8-23

Looks like it might be ok to use.

Thanks a lot :)

Post edited by GameDude on

Comments

iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39

There's certainly no mention of any performance differences in the manual. The CPU for sure won't overclock and suddenly allow you to play more voices, that's not a thing.

What I can imagine is the battery charging faster when on 9V and using a stronger adapter (like 1A or more), but I have not tested that and a 1A USB adaptor may shorten charging time just as well. Overall I feel there's no use in getting a 9V supply. Any phone charger does the job properly.

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

Thanks for the info. I bought a universal adapter anyway just in case I might need it someday.