Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How do you "reload" a kit after changes on another clip?

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

My song has two clips (aka tracks) using the same kit. I've tweaked a sound on one of them (adding some env2 modulation to the transpose of one sound). The only reliable way I've found to get the other to pick up the change is to copy the content of the clip, delete the clip, clone the first, clear out the content of the new clip, and then paste what I copied.

Is there a better way? I expected something like switching the other clip to another kit and then back to the original would do it, but it didn't.

Best Answer

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 1,017
    Answer ✓

You'll basically have to save that kit with a new number iteration (the one with the changes), then simply set the other clips to that new numbered kit too.

Answers

iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39
    edited April 2019

Have you saved the kit in the sound editor after making these changes?

Post edited by iFreilicht on
    duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Yes, I've saved the changed kit from one track and tried changing the kit of the other track, then changing it back, but that doesn't load the changes saved from the other track.

iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39

That seems weird. Could it be that you have recorded/sequenced automation on one of the tracks?

tshaktshak Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem. I have many clips with the same kit and I just want to change the level of a drum (for example) across all clips. I've tried saving to the kit and the only way I've gotten it to work is to cycle the power of the unit! :neutral:

propellpropell NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 17

I can't get the kit to reload/updates on other tracks no matter what I do. Any solutions?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

it is confusing. i think the main problem is that track clones have a complicated behavior.
    It depends on what you changed in the kit: continuous params, list params or stuff like addition/deletion of rows.

imho reloading a kit (meaning "align track clones") should not be necessary at all. cloned tracks need a simpler behavior, that is either sharing all params (http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/6734#Comment_6734) or none and not a strange mix of both. really should be upvoted imho, a thread referring confusion about cloned tracks pops up every 1-2 month.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

v3 will make this much easier :)