Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Battery drained quick

Brand new Deluge, just got it this week. Took it off the wall power for the 1st time tonight and it only lasted about an hour. Could it be because I had the brightness turned all the way up? If not then I am a little perplexed.

Thanks!

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

That is a little odd. Were you using the supplied USB cable or a power supply?

j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

Ian,
    I was using the USB cable supplied and it had been plugged into my USB hub on my computer for a few days so it had more than ample time for a full charge.

-Justin

no_barcodeno_barcode United StatesPosts: 9

@j3threejay said:
    Ian,
    I was using the USB cable supplied and it had been plugged into my USB hub on my computer for a few days so it had more than ample time for a full charge.

-Justin

Might be a dumb question, but after charging, did the LED to the right of the USB label on the top panel turn green or did it still light up with yellow/red/blinky-red?

j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

Thanks for asking. It had been green for a couple of days while hooked up in my studio. I charged it again overnight and going to try it out again today to see if I get the same result.

edited April 2019

Thanks Justin. It's pretty rare, though does happen, and I think has happened in your case, is that the battery was dislodged during shipping. It's very easy to solve, just simply whip the back open as if you were to change the battery - instructions here: just make sure it's sitting firmly in its little holder. Once reinstalled, it won't become dislodged again.
    There is even the slightly rarer case that the battery is no good. If it is sitting in the case properly, maybe picking up a replacement to use might be an idea. The ones like we ship, 3000mAh you can pick up for $5 from Walmart/Amazon etc, just search "18650" battery. If you want, you could get a larger capacity one (if you were intending on using on battery for long periods).
    Something other than a simple battery problem is very unlikely. But keep me in the loop..email: ian@synthstrom.com if still having issues.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    gestobbelgestobbel NetherlandsPosts: 2

I have a similar problem. Got the Deluge yesterday. I reinstalled the battery as Ian suggested. Charged the battery all night with supplied USB cable, after 10 minutes it stopped. When I connect the charger the led turns green after a few minutes, but when disconnecting the charger the led turns red in a minute. The battery just does not charge.

edited April 2019

Sorry @gestobbel, this is odd. There is the off-chance you might have a dud battery. Perhaps to buy a new one, if this is the case, we will refund you the cost of the new battery, it should only cost a few euro. A lithium 18650 - 3000mAh or larger.

One thing, before trying a new battery. How are you charging it? From a computer? Plugged into an adaptor into the wall? Perhaps just try a new power source (but using the same supplied cable) first, just to rule that out.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    gestobbelgestobbel NetherlandsPosts: 2

Thanks Ian. The problem is solved by using another power source. For some reason the adapter I initially used does not work with the deluge, with other gear it works fine (1000 mA). Maybe the deluge is a bit picky about the power supply, but that alright. Problem solved, all is fine!