Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Copy and Paste function

If we could copy and paste the part of the song we had in our current view, that would be great. For me it would save a lot of monotonous pad pushing.
Thanks

Comments

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

it would be really cool to have a "selection mode" on, and then be able to turn the < > side arrow knobs to define its start and stop, what would be really cool is if we could use it to capture a section and then use it as a phrase for an arpeggiator or something :)

maimai Posts: 21

+1 for copy/paste bars or the current screen. If we could copy/paste a specific selection, it would be also very helpful.

VoltVolt Posts: 55
    edited October 2017

Please implement copy and paste bars. Also copy and paste whole tracks to other "songs" (save slots like 1A) would be very helpful.

Post edited by Volt on
    yorgosyorgos greecePosts: 40
    this is an implementation suggestion i've had in another thread:
    Insert paste for part of sequenced notes on a track
    and
    This can be made in the following way:
    Ability to copy zoom region and then paste at the end of a newly selected zoom region.
    Possible shortcuts: shift+down left black encoder to chose and the same to paste.
    Any suggestions that would make this work more efficiently are more than welcomed.
    rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

I have been thinking of this actually, I think that this would be even better than a "new song mode", currently. I think if we implement "duplicate insert current screen" would be awesome as an addendum to this feature request.

to build up songs i’m really missing copy tracks to song slots, too.

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

Isn´t there already a copy function implemented? Like, one that helps copy a set of notes and add it in the end. I´m pretty sure of it, just haven´t used it myself yet.
    Probably not like the function requested though..

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

@Volt said:
    Please implement copy and paste bars. Also copy and paste whole tracks to other "songs" (save slots like 1A) would be very helpful.

Copying tracks or sections to other songs is definitely essential due to the amount of button pushing. Everything else is nice to have.

Still no real copy/paste function in 1.4. Just copy notes not the whole data. Another not finished / half implemented feature.
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Version 1.4? You are a beta tester?
    'Copy / load just one track in from another saved song' http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/5/please-read-first-before-posting#latest
    Makes me hope I will be able to copy/paste tracks between songs.

Almost the most urgent need I have. I like to work with sub songs to compose a song but they are useless if I cant copy tracks between them.

edited February 2018
    Composing songs is still not really possible. This function just copies midi notes, though you can copy them to other songs. But this function can’t copy sounds, no automations, no knob assignments, no scales.... just notes. Can’t understand why this is just half implemented. For my kind of working this solution is useless, sorry my opinion.
    Post edited by Volt on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Chill out my bro, this is a step by step process, it takes time to code and test :) What you need will come soon, but one thing at a time.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

edited February 2018
    No problem I‘m relaxed, you too? And from where do you get your safely information that a real copy function will come soon? Did you speak with Rohan? The only statement I could read, was that he assumes that people don’t need to copy the whole track‘s content, that doesn‘t sound like positiv. But If you are so shure (users already told me 8 months ago that this feature will come veeeeeery soon) then share the link, ok?
    Post edited by Volt on
    when i voted i thought about a commissural function, too. only notes is ok but p-locks are same important.
    edited February 2018

I have faith :) It's only natural to be able to be able to copy things essential to a section, and the prioritizing is based on users votes for requests.
    And we're relaxed right? Things take time. In the mean time, the Downrush wireless editor lets you copy whatever you want

Post edited by Icoustik on

Well! You might have noticed already @Volt , but for others reading as well, copy/paste automations and a couple of other larger additions were just added to the current beta :) So there you go!

That's how awesome Rohan and Synthstrom is :D

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    Awesom to hear that!
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Icoustik please dont torture me with even tastier features in the current beta. already checking the news every day

Thanks for the information, that’s great! Though honestly this still isn’t the feature I was speaking about (though for others surely useful). As I see we still can’t paste the whole content of a track to other songs (to make arrangements), right? But it seems the development is on the right path!! :smiley:

Not yet specifically as the whole content, no :) But you can still do that with Downrush very easily via a phone/ pad - that + other benefits makes it totally worth that Toshiba Flashair card!

I‘ve read about Downrush, though I never heard about Wifi SD cards. So no idea what Downrush does and how it works. Maybe you could share a link where everting I need to know is easy (for beginners) explained?

I made a video for exactly that, glad you asked :)

https://youtu.be/mc8y9d1wQ-M

Basically you can access the wifi SD card from any web browser, whether on a phone/ pad or a computer. And the Downrush editor let's you do all the things explained in the video

Thanks for the video! Is there a place where I can find some details like: which SD card is recommended, how to install... and stuff like this?

Thanks! Though it looks very complicated ;)

Not so complicated! I'd be happy to help if there's anything you don't understand tho :)

Many thanks for your offer! :)
    Though at the moment I‘m in holday, then I need to buy a Wifi card... so this will happen in a few weeks. Maybe it’s better then doing this via PM or another thread...

Thanks again!

Sure! :)

This discussion has been closed.