Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

ZOIA: Interesting application of a Deluge-like button grid

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Modules are arbitrarily placed by the user on the grid, and each occupies a button per input, output, or tweakable parameter, with buttons used both to select and to connect modules.

It's a totally different paradigm from the Deluge's hardwired (though richly modulatable) synth, but the only thing making it really impractical on the Deluge hardware is lack of a screen that could simultaneously label a button and show its current value.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Cool device, escaped my attention, thanks for posting. yeah, i think rbg matrix pads are getting more popular in hardware design.
    Tempted, missing some analogue circuits and more audio inputs though. instabuy if the dsp effects were Eventide Orville kinda good so you dont get there with a laptop, audio interface and free/cheap vst's.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

thx for posting...again we´ve got that display question :p
    I really liked these tiny OLEDs since Minilogue appeared and it could display waveforms, I guess we all fell in love with it spontaneous knowin that this is not a true analysis tool but such a lovely tiny izzibizzi.
    I agree that readable information is the true benefit but the Deluge display does readable information as well - reduced but sufficent imo.

The free patching approach of this device is only more progressive when it comes to start things from scratch, the hardware of the Deluge has a much more straight forward design in signal flow and since I use it I had not one audible output of artefacts in sound because of processing.
    In other words: Rohan is the bigger genius and I am still convinced that he is working every day to push it to another dimension.

vanklomkvanklomk United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 19

I've been eyeing this for so long. Crazy to see it finally released. I'm currently plotting a way to afford/rationalize buying one for my Deluge/NDLR rig. I think these 3 plus a quality USB power bank would be a killer desktop/travel rig.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited April 2019

thx for the NDLR hint....starts getting complicated - so much new gear is published nowadays...
    I like to have a video with Deluge combined with NDLR...

Post edited by Eddy on
    punchedoutpunchedout United StatesPosts: 29
    edited April 2019

Theres also the Theoryboard which seems up the same alley as the NDLR, but the verdicts still up and its way more pricey. Thank you for the heads up on the NDLR, I'm researching now and have even harder choice to make haha..

Post edited by punchedout on
    highstandardshighstandards CHPosts: 56
    edited April 2019

@Eddy Take a look at the "NDLR's forum": https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8
    (Also, they only have 2 left from the batch coming out in June...)

Post edited by highstandards on

@Eddy @punchedout I am not an authority on either box but I did make this midi setup tutorial:

and this live jam (guitar added later):

Theoryboard looks incredible. Never heard of it until now. Of course I can't find any info on release date and the price is too high for me.