Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Long sample free playback?

Hey friends! One of the uses I'm trying to get out of the Deluge is for ambient/experimental work. Specifically, I'm wondering if there's a way to approach the openness of long sample playback like on the SP404.

Here's the situation: I have multiple long samples on different tracks (each on their own kit) loaded into a song. (I'm talking minutes-long samples.) They're each different lengths and set to loop when they finish. I want to be able to freely trigger these samples and have them start at their beginnings whenever I trigger them, not at the current playback location of the sequence, which is what happens if I'm just muting/unmuting the tracks.

Am I going about playback incorrectly? Is there a way to do this on the Deluge, or am I trying to make a sequencer into something it's not?

Best Answers

autumnWheatautumnWheat USAPosts: 2
    Answer ✓

You might have to create a kit with the samples you want to trigger and manually enter it and trigger them that way, in the track view. Of course I might be missing out on a better way to do that.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199
    Answer ✓

@autumnWheat said:
    You might have to create a kit with the samples you want to trigger and manually enter it and trigger them that way, in the track view. Of course I might be missing out on a better way to do that.

That’s how I do it. All free play improv samples go in one kit and while the rest of the tracks play I jump into the kit and trigger when I feel it.